About to give up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About to give up

I have been trying to get my vehicle registered and titled here in PA and let me tell you I keep hitting road blocks.

I just spent all day on the phone with PennDot and the service place you have to use here for registration and title then on to Ford and then Gibson and Hartford I tell you I am really pulling out my hair and no one is willing to put a fire under someones butt to help. right now it is in the underwriters hands. all because the title to my van is in our personal names and not the business name. to change it now can take another 4-8 weeks...... I have been down since 11/30/06 and I can't be down for much longer or I will lose everything.................

Please tell me it will all work out and I will have an answer within the next few days......... I don't have the patience to wait any longer for all this running around.

sorry to vent but I am begining to lose hope that I will ever be able to drive the van again and work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I miss it so much. I am getting depressed and snippy to family and the ones I love...........I NEED TO GET BACK TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!

That has to be frustrating for sure. I don't envy you. I was lucky. When I got my Wag N' Tails van they took care of all the registration for me. They gave me a temporary plate, and when everything was complete they sent me the plate. The only thing I had to do was go to the registry to get the VIN verification signed. Indiana and Connecticut are reciprocal states so they work together for registration. One thing that was easy anyway. I hope you get everything straightened out very soon.
    don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

I had a similar problem in Phx...

Can't you get a temporary permit with the Penn. DMV? I believe I purchased a 90 day temporary permit here until my plates came. Do they offer anything like that there? Or have you already been driving on something like that and it is ready to expire? Or have I totally misunderstood and you are waiting on ANOTHER type of permit? I know the regulations are different state to state.

Either way, I pray that the Lord gives you favor and gets you back on the road quickly.

Comment

Here is the anarchist reply. Who's going to know it's now titles unless you get pulled over? Drive safe and don't get pulled over. I drove an unlicensed car for a few months this year. My friends say that as long as you have insurance on it, that's what really matters to the cop.

I feel for you being out of work. I don't blame you for not wanting to drive illegaly. I was sure happy when I got my car squared away. Maybe you could park at a vet's office or dog park where you could get a little business with a minumum of driving?

Comment

Amy,
          Wow I'm glad that things are easier here in Wash.
          good Luck I hope that things get better
          "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
          Nancy

Comment

Contact your state representative and tell them your problem.
            Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

I am not sure what the problem is. My jeep was in my name and I just went to the notary shop and had them change it to business name. I did not have to show them anything. I did not have problems with my trailer either. Fid another notary that is online with PenDot and you should be able to get it done right away.
              If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Originally posted by diamienono View Post
                I am not sure what the problem is. My jeep was in my name and I just went to the notary shop and had them change it to business name. I did not have to show them anything. I did not have problems with my trailer either. Fid another notary that is online with PenDot and you should be able to get it done right away.
                don't forget I came from NJ to PA so everything has to get transfered over to PA. The NJ plates expired 11/30 so I can't even try to pass this truck as legal. PennDot wants the truck title and Insurance in the same name. so when I got the truck and originally registered and titled it in NJ there was no problem. but come to Pennsy and wham!!!!!!!!! Smack me right in the face. it is all just so different here.

on top of all that I am really getting home sick for NJ and all my friends and clients out there I miss them all!

Comment

Could you ask someone (vet, store) if you could park it there and ask your clients (with a small discount) if they would drive to you for a while till you got things straightened out? You'd just need to drive your car to and from, like at a stationary shop. I really hope things work out for you. I hope MD is simpler in registration. Good luck and the best of wishes.

Comment

well everyone here is the latest. I spoke with Lauren again today from Gibson and let me tell you she has gone above and beyond for me. she got on the phone with PA DMV today and they told her the same thing they told me. she even tried to get on the phone with the company that does the title to let them know that they need to get it together well after some words they basiclly told Lauren that the girl who is working on my file wont be in till tomorrow at 10am. unreal they tried that with me yesterday too so if "wendy" isn't there at 10 tomorrow I am going to one of the other offices and have them get the info from this office. seems no one can deal with them. I am so grateful for Lauren at gibson she really didn't have to do all this for me but she did anyway. WAY TO GO LAUREN!!!! hopefully tomorrow all will be said and done! keep your fingers crossed!

also I made my 1st appt for a grooming here in my driveway for a small discount so hopefully this is just the begining!

Comment

Originally posted by pekapoosmom View Post
                      don't forget I came from NJ to PA so everything has to get transfered over to PA. The NJ plates expired 11/30 so I can't even try to pass this truck as legal. PennDot wants the truck title and Insurance in the same name. so when I got the truck and originally registered and titled it in NJ there was no problem. but come to Pennsy and wham!!!!!!!!! Smack me right in the face. it is all just so different here.

on top of all that I am really getting home sick for NJ and all my friends and clients out there I miss them all!
                      What a load of ****. So, you could not title it in the business name because out of state it was in your name is that correct?

Comment

yep lisa that is it. but as far as penndot is concerned there shouldn't be a problem. the place i went to for the title and registration (dunkels) doesn't seem to know what the heck they are doing. they even tried today to call them we will see what happens tomorrow!

Comment

I know it will cost more, but title it in your name then switch it to the business name.

Comment

don't have to do that PennDot says I can do it this way we just have to get the authorized center to do it since they are being the pains in the you know what! Penn Dot called them yesterday and will try again today so lets see what happens. I will let you know

Comment

Working...
                            X