Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• health problems

hi guys
    i just opened my shop in may,its still not very busy,but its a very beautiful shop,well ive had some health problems lately,all last week i was closed due to pneumnia,and i have severe asthma,which was controlled through inhalers and such but the last 2-3 months its not being controlled through my meds anymore,dr.i very worried she says shes never seen anyone with such severe asthma,i cant afford to have anyone work here,not enough clients,my question is it possible to sell a business that has the potentail of becoming a sucess,its on the main road,plenty of parking,nice shop ,and neighbors,i dont want to sell,but i might not have a choice,right now i have to go home and do my breathing treatments,every 4 hours,so shop will be closed for that,its so frustrating,any input or advice would be greatly appreciated
    thanks

Yeah, you can sell a shop at any time. Just put in the ad that it's a new shop, has great potential but you must sell due to health problems. It's true, your not lying. That way someone doesn't think that you are selling because it's a bomb. It's just something that you might have to do.
    Becky

Comment

Aww...

Edited.
      Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-20-07, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Do you wear a mask when you are grooming?
        If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I'd recommend at least trying to sell the shop. You could at least get it on the market right away, and if some of the people who show interest aren't able to afford purchasing it outright, you could have them come in and work either for you or renting out a space..then you'll still have some income until someone can purchase it.

If you have to continue grooming, then invest in a super-good mask (like a gas mask or something really really good) and a clippervac.. your health is worth it!!

Comment

I just noticed that you also posted that you own 17 animals yourself. This couldn't possibly be helping your medical condition. It sounds like they're in the house as well.. maybe you could get houses set up for the dogs outside and get the cats used to going out as well (depending on where you live of course). If they can't live outside, then you might want to consider rehoming most of them (if not all of them).. anything to help your condition!

Comment

thank you all for your replies,yes i do have masks,and,i have had allergy test not allergic to cat or dogs,but grass,extremely,pollen yes,smoke yup,i have enviromental allergies,is what they said i think its a mighty big word to say when they arent exactly sure whats wrong with me,i went through a 2 year period without any pets,still had same problems,plus i was depressed,my pets make me so happy,plus my mom smoked when she was pregnant with me,that didnt help my lungs,and i smoked for 13 yrs,one of the stupidest things i ever did,but smoke free,7 yrs now,i just wish they could pin point exactly whats wrong with me,but thank you all good advice

Comment

I hope you find a good pulmonologist.
                If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Well I'm happy to hear the animals aren't causing/exascerbating the condition

Have you tried any natural type remedies? Now don't do this without medical supervision (like right there!).. but I've read that bee pollen caps can help with allergies (however the pollen could also CAUSE an allergic reaction which could be very bad).. so I'm just using it as an example that there might be some herbal/natural/homeopathic remedies that could help. You wouldn't see a traditional doctor to get any help with the natural medicine.. but a good ND would try to help

Good luck!

Comment

I am a groomer who has asthma and is allergic to dogs and cats, my doctor told me many years ago to quit with the animals , especially the grooming. I know you are not allergic to pets, but I eventually became more tolerant. When I go to dog shows it gets really bad for me, with all the powder, hairspray, dried pee brushed off dogs, It all gets to me. Flonase works wonders. I never get a sniffle if I stay on it. I haven't had a bad asthma attack in years. But if my health was a big of an issue I guess I would sell, or find a groomer that would be willing to groom for 50% of what ever came in slow or nothing. I believe their are groomers out there willing to do that. Then you could keep your shop and just manage it. Hope you get better soon.

Comment

Have you tried getting tested for food allergies? I think my mom's reactions to temp and humidity changes and smells is caused in part by her weird food allergies.

Comment

Get Well

I'm so sorry to hear that you are having problems after opening your new business. I think that I read a post which Pampered suggested renting space to groomers. If that is possible it may be something that could help you out.

I am also wondering if your worsened athsma is a reaction from one of the products that you are using in your shop or possibly a reaction to something in the building itself. I think that even blow driers give off some chemicals when in use. Sometimes building materials can contain chemicals that will trigger alleries and athsma. I hope that your health improves soon and this works out well for you. Best of Luck.

Comment

Working...
                        X