Allow me to brag.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow me to brag.....

about my amazing Oli. I cannot believe this dog, and how good he is.

When I first brought Izi home, he made it his job to undertake training this pup about good manners. I was sitting on the floor, playing with them, when Izi started snapping at my face. Oli immediately pinned him.

The first night, Izi cried (of course). Oli can running in to check on him, then sat beside his bed until he calmed down and went to sleep. Every night since then, Oli waits to see if Izi is going to cry, then immediately goes and sits with him until he settles down and goes to sleep.

Today, Izi was sneaking behind the sofa and getting into things. So Oli crawled into the spot where Izi was getting behind the sofa, so he couldn't get under it.

Oli has taught Izi some of the games we play. He shares his toys, even his favorite toy. If Izi starts chewing on a stuffed toy (not allowed), Oli drops a chew bone on his head, lol.

Oli also puts up with all his puppy devilment. Izi has bitten him squarely on the nose. He grabs Oli by the lip and shakes it. He pulls Oli's tail, ears, feet, and Oli just puts up with it unless Izi gets too rough, then he pushes him down and pins him with his chest.

Now if Oli could just potty train him.....

That's too funny! You've probably oozed some of your leadership abilities into Oli.

Comment

Very sweet Helly. What kind of dog is Izi? I must have missed your other post when you got him. Then again I could have read it and just not remembered. I am a sufferer of the dreaded CRS syndrome...lol Have you posted any picts of Izi? Love to see him!
      SheilaB from SC

Comment

ROFL. OLi is one heck of a dog.
        If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

What a good brother/son Oli is. Helly, do all of your dogs have names ends with an i ? Oli, Izi... what could be next ?

Comment

How Sweet what a great dog. We brought another dog into our house a few months a go and My female Shih Tzu tried to mommy her. They are the same size. It was cute but my new Shih kept looking at my female like Who are you?
            "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
            Nancy

Comment

Hey! Quit bragging! lol I loved that post! After every line I thought to myself..."awwwwww". I don't know if you'd call oli a big brother, or a step father, but whatever he is it seems he was born the part.
              don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Originally posted by sheilabgroomer View Post
                Very sweet Helly. What kind of dog is Izi? I must have missed your other post when you got him. Then again I could have read it and just not remembered. I am a sufferer of the dreaded CRS syndrome...lol Have you posted any picts of Izi? Love to see him!
                Izi is a miniature long haired dachshund. I posted pics of him and Oli in the My Best Friend forum. But here's another one, just for good measure.
                Attached Files

Comment

Oli makes such a great big brother.

I have a couple stories that are similar. When my parents' lab mix sees a cat trying to go into the kitchen (not allowed) she will charge between them and the door barking. If she sees their JRT mix going after the cats (not allowed, she's aggressive towards them) she charges the JRT.

When I first brought my kitten Dooley home I was worried about Mollie's reaction, but she lets him gnaw on her face, attack her tail, and just be a pain in the butt. If he gets too rough she pins him down with her paw, but other times she gets playful and mouths (gently) at him to play.

Comment

Originally posted by JJk View Post
                    What a good brother/son Oli is. Helly, do all of your dogs have names ends with an i ? Oli, Izi... what could be next ?
                    Actually, Oli and Izi are the first dogs I've had that their names ended in I. Oli's name was Ollie when I got him. I just changed the spelling because he's more of an Oli than he is an Ollie. And it's pronounced with a long O...oh lee.

My past dogs were named things like Kimuk, Ronda, Bratwurst, Tyrone, Nanna, Mag. Nothing that ended in I.

Izi's name is Iz. But, of course, we call him Izi. Our next dachshund will probably be C.K. Dexter Haven. Call name Dexter.

Comment

lil hot dogs

Originally posted by Helly View Post
                      Izi is a miniature long haired dachshund. I posted pics of him and Oli in the My Best Friend forum. But here's another one, just for good measure.
                      AWW Helly, I have an 8 month old smooth coat red doxie. His name is Wiggle Lee..hes full of pee & vinegar lol he aggravates the Doberman to death..he knows not his size!!! I just love the breed!! the Dobie ok...he tolerates him well lol oh yeah, and lil Wiggle has green eyes and a little chocolate drop nose! hehehe

Comment

Oli sounds like a super dog. Kind of like having a human like dog. I always have to wonder what those kind of dogs are thinking about things.

Comment

I love dachs!!!! I want one!!!!! I'm waiting for a silver/blk long hair dapple female. Love them lowriders LOL

Comment

What a little cutie, he looks like he is thinking of what he can get into next!!..I love his "ruffled" looking ears.
                            SheilaB from SC

Comment

Helly,

I asked for a picture of Izi in the other thread not knowing you posted a picture here. He sure is a cutie. Oli's paternal instinct are really coming through. Hope you get lots of joy from the two of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X