Flu in my house!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flu in my house!!!

Here we go again, my family has been so healthy since before Christmas when we had a round of Strep! This time it is a combo of RSV and the Flu. My son started running a fever and barking like a hoarse dog on Monday. We went to the vets and he got the finger prick test. Came back positive for RSV and the Dr. said she wasn't positive but she is pretty sure he has the flu also. She wanted to see him back if he is still running a fever by friday. Well, it is friday and he is still cooking and now my youngest daughter has gotten into the act. She has added to the fun though and is vomiting as well!!! So I guess I have two kids that are going to the doctors today. Glad it is slow right now and the girls can handle the shop w/out me!! I am keeping my fingers crossed that no one else comes down w/this mess (especially me...lol)!
    SheilaB from SC

Ugh. Hate the flu. Bad enough when it's you, but exhausting when you add kids to the mix. Make sure you get enough rest! Hope they're better soon.

Comment

don't mean to laugh...

Originally posted by sheilabgroomer View Post
      My son started running a fever and barking like a hoarse dog on Monday. We went to the vets and he got the finger prick test.
      Yikes! I'm sorry about all your illnesses, but maybe a pediatrician would be a better place for your son! ROFL!!

Comment

Oh geez, I feel your pain Sheila! Hope you stay well...Spray the house down with lysol & take it easy...We're thinking about ya!!

Comment

Make sure you up your vitamin C. My son got the whole house sick with some head cold that goes into your chest. I can't breathe from anywhere. Uggg I feel like ****!

Comment

Oh I know how you feel. My son is always catching something at school. First just a cold (which I caught and turned into pneumonia) then it was ear infections, then it was another cold, then the stomach flu (which me and my whole family and hubbys family caught on christmas).
            Then 2 weeks ago he got strep throat and also had a stuffy nose and cough. I got the stuffy nose and cough (hope it doesnt turn into anything worse again) but luckily I haven't got the strep throat...yet!
            But somehow my hubby never gets sick.
            Hope everyone feels better!

Comment

i carry those pop up disinf. wipes i get at Costco. Clean up accidents on table in van too. I take into stores w/ carts and clean handles. After, I do hands in car. If a Mechanic works on my van or car I wipe seat and wheel...should do door handle. can't be too careful. Any time I get a cold...not often...it goes throat,then chest inf. yuck spitting up til I use Musinex..stil end up w/ antibiotics. Voice raspy for weeks. I've never smoked.

Comment

ThPray he is safe when he goes to Iran in Spring. I worry.ose Airborne tabs you fizz in water...Costco best $ I get a funny taste or feeling in throat then iy never developes. I use hand cleaner at church..don't like hand shakes...some people have claming damp hands oooooh. My pastor never gets sick...with thousands of people he sees. Maybe once a yr. hoarse voice. God sure takes good care of him..He also takes good care of self.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about all the illness.. we have a round of the stomach flu as well..

I couldn't help but laugh that you took your son to the vet!

Comment

Ah-choo!

Oh, yuck! The flu makes you sooo miserable. When I'm sick I always try to take plenty of Vit. C and drink lots of water. Here's hoping you're all healthy again soon!

Comment

Get well soon!

I hope that your family gets better soon! Definately vit C is great! It's nice that you can take the time to take your kids to the doctor! Take care and stay well!

Comment

My son came home earlier in the week with a cold. Guess what? I got it worse then him! My entire body aches, my throat is sore and I can't breath out of my nose. I groomed sick today and again tomorrow. I sure hope your all feeling better!

Comment

Awwwww, hugs for all the sickies...here's to hoping you all get your rest this weekend and feel better soon...
                          Making Central Florida Pawsitively Purrfect since 2005.

Comment

When I'm sick.. I want my mama. She'd bring me dry toast. It would take me all day to just turn my head to eat the toast. Sometimes the soup would get cold. It's hard to be sick.. when none is around to wait on ya. I wish I had one of those dogs that gives ya kleenex and opens the frig,as tricks.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                              Yikes! I'm sorry about all your illnesses, but maybe a pediatrician would be a better place for your son! ROFL!!
                              LOL, I really have gone to the dogs! It is pretty bad how often I go to call the pediatricians office and call the vets instead!!! I did actually take Tyler to his dotor, not the dogs doctor...lol.. My mom always liked to tell us how when she went into labor w/my oldest sister my dad called the lumber yard instead of the hospital to tell them they were coming!!! lol My dad was a contractor and they were living in a small town in MO then. The whole town knew about it and teased my daddy for a loooong time!! Gotta love small towns!
                              SheilaB from SC

Comment

Working...
                              X