New from Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New from Missouri

Hi, I just want to introduce myself. I am a, 46 year old female, wanna be groomer who loves animals. I have just retired from social work and I'm ready for a change. My hubby and I live on a large farm and our kids and grandkids show cattle and goats. I have experience clipping and fitting these animals for the shows and hope that some of my experience will help me in my new career. My biggest problem is finding a school or groomer willing to train me. Since I live in a very rural area my only choice is to travel 100 miles for hands on training. I am hoping that within the next few months I will be on my way. I love this website and all the wonderful ideas that groomers post. Keep up the great work...and ...Thanks so much....

I suggest videos , volunteer and go to dog shows trade shows. Yrs. ago now I went to Hershey, Pa. show met other groomers John Stazko Mario DeFante.still use tricks they taught. also 2 day seminars when they came to SF bay area. also a good grooming how to book you can find from pet groomers info this catagory. Don;t know if I can say Title. Groomer I am self taught now thirty yrs wow can;t believe I stuck to one job this long. Own my mobile van.Will work pt in a shop this yr. hate crazy drivers. Still mobile a yr more or so.Stiff but still at it! You can do it too.lol Jane.

Comment

Welcome KantScareMe!!! Where are you from in MO? My family is from there and I was born in Mexico MO. My mothers family is from Hermann....love that town!! I also have family in Thompson, St. Louis, and Montgomery. Are you familiar w/any of these places?

Anyway, I just wanted to say Hi and hope you fufill your dream of being a groomer. Lots of great people and advice on this board. Be careful it can be addicting...lol
      SheilaB from SC

Comment

I grew up in Crestwood, MO (St. Louis suburb) and still have friends there. I manages to spend several days with them a few years ago when I was driving my new van to CA. Welcome to the board!

Comment

Welcome! So you show cattle? Have you seen the miniature cattle? Check out my website ) MO is a very pretty state. I just sold 2 cows to people in MO.

Comment

MO

I ran a fishing resort in Northern Arkansas for 22 yrs. I love that area..its so beautiful!! I suggest videos, trade shows, seminars and get some good grooming books, then go to the Humane Society and offer free grooms. Also check with the vets.

Comment

Northwest Missouri

Thank you for the warm welcome and great advice. I live in Northwest Missouri (Princeton) just 10 miles from the Iowa border. My family not only shows cattle but we also raise show cattle. Angie, I love your website and we are somewhat neighbors (lol). I have not had the opportunity to be around miniature cattle but I would the experience. Again, thanks for all the support...keep in touch all...

Comment

Hello!

Hello Kantscareme, I think that you will love your new career as a groomer! I'm in the process of switching careers myself. I hope that you are able to find the hands on learning that you are looking for. Best of luck in your new grooming career!

Comment

You must be freezin

My In Laws just moved up there and are building a home in the Ozarks...It is beautiful, but right now it's COLD!!
                  Welcome to the board and Bundle Up...
                  Making Central Florida Pawsitively Purrfect since 2005.

Comment

Welcome, you will love being a groomer. My son raises cattle for 4h.

Comment

Working...
                    X