Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Labradoodle puppy turning white

Hi,
    I have a new puppy that has joined my family and he is my baby. I have many questions and sometimes think I maybe worry to much. Having pets is certainly challenging and I want to be sure I provide the best care.
    My 11 week old black Labradoodle, F1, seems to be turning a silver/white color. The vet commented a week ago*that he has a white under coat, but he seems to be losing the black hair and turning more white. Is this normal? I don't mind, but seems a bit unusual.

Thanks for providing an opportunity to ask a question.

Dee

Was the Sire or Dam silver? Most silver /gray animals are born black....sounds like what you have.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

What Cyn said, or you have a recessive gene tracing back further in the lineage.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie View Post
        Hi,
        I have a new puppy that has joined my family and he is my baby. I have many questions and sometimes think I maybe worry to much. Having pets is certainly challenging and I want to be sure I provide the best care.
        My 11 week old black Labradoodle, F1, seems to be turning a silver/white color. The vet commented a week ago*that he has a white under coat, but he seems to be losing the black hair and turning more white. Is this normal? I don't mind, but seems a bit unusual.

Thanks for providing an opportunity to ask a question.

Dee
        Hi Dee! Would you mind posting a pic.. one of the dog and one close up on the hair?? I guess it all depends on the dogs before him. What were they? What were their colors. I do believe that a silver poodle starts our pretty dark.
        Debbie
        There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
          Was the Sire or Dam silver? Most silver /gray animals are born black....sounds like what you have.
          Oh yeah yeah.. to what Cyn said lol! I wrote something similar.
          Debbie
          There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Comment

Originally posted by daesue View Post
            Oh yeah yeah.. to what Cyn said lol! I wrote something similar.
            Haha, great minds think alike!
            Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Most certainly silver. Every doodle I groom has cleared quite a bit lighter but not that young. Silver shows on face and front legs first. Down at roots. Here's my silver spoon at 10weeks. He will always be a darker silver than the really platinum.
              Here he is at almost 2 right this minute..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X