Bathtub and Height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathtub and Height

Hello All, I am new to the grooming community and soon I will be training with a local shop. The first part of my training is bathing. I'm only 5 feet tall so I was wondering if anyone of similar height has ever used a stool/platform to get to the optimal height the bathtub was designed for? I would imagine the manufactures took into account an averaged height person when they designed the tub. I would guess maybe 5'6" is average?

I am also only 5 feet tall, it really depends on the tub you have. I have something similar to this:

https://www.petedge.com/zpetedgemain...c-locale=en_US

It has a door that opens and the dog can either jump up into it or use the stairs. I do occasionally have to lift them in if they don't want to get in the tub though, it's usually not a huge deal unless it is a very large breed. I've found that this height is about right for me as I can reach most breeds, when I have a giant breed, like a Dane, I use the steps on the tub as a stool. The steps on my tub have grips on them so I am not standing on stainless steel and I wear non-slip shoes in my groom shop.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Thank you so much for the helpful information!

Comment

5'1" here....most tubs are a good height but for large dogs you might need a stool to reach them. Of course, if you are lucky enough to have an electric tub you won't need anything but to adjust it.
        Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Working...
        X