Poodle Owner learning to groom :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poodle Owner learning to groom :)

Hi everyone! I am not a groomer, actually a trainer, but I am really fascinated by grooming! I worked in a shop for a while and got to learn quite a bit, and when I got my standard poodle puppy in January I knew that grooming her myself was the only way to go! As a trainer it was also important to me to get her used to being groomed and now she loves it! I am just here to pick up any tips on equipment and technique because I love how creative I can get and plan on trying out a whole bunch of stuff on her and future dogs to come. I really respect and commend all of you for what you do, being a groomer is a tough job! I look forward to learning from all of you

Welcome to the site. Lots of good people here

Comment

That's how I got started grooming...feel like I owe my happy work life to my standard poodle! My best quick advice: a good bath+fluff dry, and buy a bravura with stainless steel combs. best wishes!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuckie View Post
        That's how I got started grooming...feel like I owe my happy work life to my standard poodle! My best quick advice: a good bath+fluff dry, and buy a bravura with stainless steel combs. best wishes!
        As a matter of fact, my bravura and steel combs came in the mail on Sunday! I gave her a haircut with them today and it was SUCH a difference. All I need now is a table with an arm and stand dryer... right now I'm bathing and blow drying her her at pet valu and grooming her on my bathroom floor. Once I get a table her haircuts will look so much better, I can feel it!

Comment

You might also find a month that you can commit to grooming education and get a subscription to Learn2groomdogs.com

Comment

You don't need an arm on your table....teach your dog to stand and stay on the table. As for a stand dryer...they are a bit pricey, so keep an eye on CL for a good used one.
            Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Hello, how is it going?

Comment

Working...
              X