Hi!! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi!! :)

My name is Danielle, I'm 20 years old, and I just got my first job as a dog groomer. I went to college for a year and a half but realised that it wasn't for me, so I went to a school for dog grooming and I love it.

I have a 7 year old white and black Cockapoo and his name is Patches

Hi Danielle! Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of dog grooming.
    I just answered you on your other post but now I see you are so young, so I want to give you another advice, if you want to have long and pain-free career in grooming: invest in best possible tools as you can buy, like light weight clippers, and ergonomic scissors that feel right in your hand, table that goes high enough so you don't have to bend over little dogs; and that lowers low enough so you don't have to lift big dogs. Wear ear and eye protection while drying. Take care of your body, grooming is very physically demanding.

Comment

Welcome. And congratulations on finding your passion at such an early age.
      Ditto to all the advice given above.
      HVent seen any other posts from you yet but I would also suggest that you continue your education by attending some of the many conferences and competitions available. Being amongst your peers is a wonderful boost in a profession where we mostly work on our own. If you have the drive snd talent the. I would also suggest that you pursue becoming a NCMG. This is a wonderful profession populated by a stellar group of supportive individuals ( especially on this forum).

Oh, and take time to exercise and stay mentally and physically healthy. Laugh, it does wonders

Comment

Welcome, you can always ask questions on this board and get replies to help you along the way. Pictures are encouraged.

Comment

I'm only 5ft tall so the tables usually go high enough for me lol . I just ordered a bunch of new stuff for backup in case something breaks or if I have to send it in to get sharpened. I usually will wear a mask when I groom; I hate eating dog hair

Comment

Yes! I was looking into conferences and other things like that they seem fun and informative. I eventually want to have my own business so thank you for showing me the NCMG

Comment

Thanks! Everyone is so nice on here

Comment

Welcome to a great place for knowledge, wonderful & fun people![emoji106]🏻[emoji252]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hello to you too!

Comment

Hi to you too.

Comment

Welcome to the board

Comment

Working...
                      X