I do believe I forgot to say hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do believe I forgot to say hello!

I don't think I ever introduced myself. My name's Lisa and I work for a Petsoandso in the Puget Sound area of Washington. I was a bather for about a year and through some off and on (mostly off) mentoring, I was promoted to groomer. Partway through my mentorship, I decided to go to grooming school which is good since my mentor stepped down in the middle of training me! Gotta love corporate salons and their training programs. :/ Well, I've been going to school part time (twice a week now) for 3 months (early October, 2015 now) while working nearly full time. I worked for 3 years as a vet assistant many moons ago and owned my own pet sitting service for a few years so I have had a fair bit of experience with pets. I used to do cat rescue and I feel that I understand and communicate with cats well so my goal is to do cat grooming (possibly exclusive) in the future. My favorite thing about pet grooming is fostering good relationships between people and their pets and being an advocate for pets in general. I think that our lives are so enriched when we have good pet relationships and I want to be a part of that in my client's lives.

I'm 34, married to my most excellent husband for 11 years now and am a mama to 5 cats (4 old sweet ladies and 1 young fellow) and a 37 year old Orange Wing Amazon parrot named Menchi. All the critters are rescues off the street (usually literally). Well, except for the 30 gallon planted tank. My cats are Harley Quinn, the queen bee shorthair torti, Tini, the squeaky shorthair grey tabby, Hyatt the miracle cat who is a medium hair black and white beauty, Chewy, the psycho daddyloving kitty, a brown/calico tabby with short hair and HUGE eyes and Rory, the precocious, shorthair grey and white boycat who is the true troublemaker of the group. Currently, those are my little children but with any luck, I will be adding a real human baby to the crew sometime in 2016! I'm originally from the Gulf Coast of Alabama but I also lived in Milwaukee, WI for a few years (GO PACK GO!) before following my husband's career and moving to where we are now.

I really enjoy grooming and I sure wish I'd pursued it earlier in my life but better late than never! I really enjoy this forum and have loved learning from everyone here. I look forward to participating in this forum for many, many years.

Cool that is a beautiful area to live. My aunt lived in Tacoma but she passed and haven't been there for about 4 years. We went to Mt St Helens and Seattle and Cascades, so green and beautiful there.

I love dragonflies and Merlin, did that inspire your name here?

Comment

Welcome, please post away.

Comment

Hi there! Sounds like you have a lot of good animal experience.

Comment

Originally posted by TootsiePie View Post
          I love dragonflies and Merlin, did that inspire your name here?
          To be honest, it was 16 year old me's AOL screen name. It's just stuck around all these years!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X