Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all. I feel bad I posted w/o introducing myself. My name is Justine and I'm from near Pittsburgh Pa. I've been grooming for almost 10 years now and I started out as a Veterinary assistant. I like to do creative grooming. My dog Silas has been the "roethlispoodle", a cowboy, and currently he is Gene Simmons.

Hi Justine, you have to share pictures of your poodle.

Comment

Pictures of Silas

Here ya go Gracie. This is the roethlispoodle and Kiss Dog (he is gene simmons)
      Attached Files

Comment

1 more

And here is the Cowboy.
        Attached Files

Comment

2 more

And these are just 2 of him that I love. He is such a good boy. He is almost 7 now. I adopted him when he was 3. I was his 3rd home.
          Attached Files

Comment

WOW, my mouth is still gapping open<<>> those are great clips, just great!!
            Way to go!!!!

Comment

Hi Justine. Your creative grooming is SPECTACULAR!!! What do you use for color?

Comment

Thank you

Thank you guys. It's so much fun. I use just about everything. Manic panic, clairol, Special effects raw, Jazzing, punky colors, blow pens, whatever I need for the certain effect or color. He loves it. I was working on him this morning. Just gave him a bath and did some carving. When he went outside he was announcing to the neighbors that he got done. He barks differently and struts his stuff when he goes out after a grooming session. This morning my hubby was in the kitchen and Silas was outside and my husband said "Honey, you gotta see the look on this lady's face". Cars always stop and check him out when he is out. He loves it. But I have to go out and explain. lol.

Comment

Hi and welcome.....I am bout an hour north of pitts and starting to play with color on my standard. Though not near how fantastic your dog always looks.
                  Was the cowboy at Hershey? Loved the music played if that was you...

Talk soon
                  Trish

Comment

Welcome to the board. From your grooms it looks like you'll be able to answer a lot of questions on creative grooming. Your grooms are wonderful!!!!
                    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                    Diane

Comment

Thanks trish! Where you from up north? I'm always in Clarion, but that's 2 hours. I paid my local Karaoke lady to make me a copy of Kid Rock's Cowboy without the words, then I had my hubby edit it to fit my presentation. This year my hubby is going to play electric guitar. It should be fun. Here is a link to the cowboy presentation. My freind made this for me. http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p...ent=cowboy.flv
                      Glad you liked it. I love doing that part of it. It's scary, but fun.

Comment

That cowboy skit was great. My daughter is driving me nuts to start coloring my poodle, but I want to compete in the regular class for now. Great work, bring all your tips and tricks here, I think everyone here enjoys the creative stuff.
                        What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

Hi again Justine, I live in Franklin PA which is about 30min from Clarion. I work one day in Marienville which is close to Clarion also.
                          I am going to attempt to color Angel with the same designs my son has on his "pimped out" car that he will be showing later this year.

Cant wait to see your next presentation at Hershey...this year I will stop over and say HI....

Talk soon
                          Trish

Comment

Thanks again. I will help out with anything I can. I've only been doing it 3 years now though so I'm no expert. But I love it. Blow pens are a creative groomers best freind and you can make your own stencils out of craft foam. It's easier than the stencil stuff.
                            I'm hoping to be floating down the Clarion River this weekend. Not sure if Sat or Sun. Whichever is nicer. I love that first group of big rocks on the street side. Gonna rent tubes at the pale whale and float with my daughters. Get some tadpoles, relax. My cousin has a cabin up there we go to sometimes. It's my favorite place on earth. But I've never been anywhere tropical. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                            X