Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from CALIFORNIA!

Hi All,
    My name is Sara and I am an independent groomer in So. Cal. Which means: I presently 'rent' a station at a home shop and am anticipating owning a mobile trailer come fall 2007.

I have been grooming for over a year now and am ready to move to the next level. I am completely self taught by self-education and prayers.

I am a firm believer in networking with other groomers. I love to ask others questions about techiniques, etc. and welcome questions to myself as well. My motto is: "You don't know if you don't ask!"

I look forward to meeting/chatting with other groomers especially ones that own and operate out of a trailer as that is what is the plan for the near future for me!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Hi! Welcome to the board. I don't work out of a trailer, I have a van. But just wanted to say hi cuz I don't see many other groomers from so cal. Where are you located? Well have a fun time absorbing all the info here, there's a lot!!

Comment

Welcome to the message board. I'm in Poway, CA (North San Diego). I groom out of a van. Where in So. Cal. are you located?

Comment

The IE Baby

Yes, that's where I am. Mostly in Corona but once I become mobile I will be heading out to San Bernadino County as well. I so can't wait until I am on the go! Right now I offer a taxi service where I pick up dogs and bring them home, but I am starting to hit my glass ceiling; I can only pick up so many dogs at a time! But it's pretty cool when people see me coming down the street and I have a sheep dog, a lab and a shitzu all in the car at the same time!

Thanks to all that said Hi!!!

Sara

Comment

I don't work out of a trailer, my garage. I don't live in So Cal, but I use to many many years ago, Riverside. But I wanted to welcome you to the board. I'm sure you will find it very helpful, and entertaining.

Love your avatar! Are those all your babies? They are just soooo cute.
          "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
          Diane

Comment

Welcome! I'm in the San Diego (El Cajon) area. I think all of us So Cal groomers should plan a lunch date! I'd love to meet everyone. I think it would be fun to talk shop and stuff!

Comment

Welcome, I am in Florida but have a trailer and a van. Good luck on opening your own business.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                I don't work out of a trailer, my garage. I don't live in So Cal, but I use to many many years ago, Riverside. But I wanted to welcome you to the board. I'm sure you will find it very helpful, and entertaining.

Love your avatar! Are those all your babies? They are just soooo cute.
                That's what I do right now. A home shop out of a garage. I love it, great window when the garage door is open!

And yes, those are 5 of my 6 babies aka my guinea pigs!

Thanks again to all of you for your hospitality!

Sara

Comment

Hi

Hi
                  Nice to meet you on line, I have a trailer and suv that I groom out of. Everyone here is really helpful with all kinds of questions and problems that you might have. They have helped me alot. I've only been on the road since May 1st but its already been interesting and exciting. Way better than any shop I've ever worked in and Ive not had any regrets yet.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sara'sSassyK-9's View Post
                    Yes, that's where I am. Mostly in Corona but once I become mobile I will be heading out to San Bernadino County as well. I so can't wait until I am on the go! Right now I offer a taxi service where I pick up dogs and bring them home, but I am starting to hit my glass ceiling; I can only pick up so many dogs at a time! But it's pretty cool when people see me coming down the street and I have a sheep dog, a lab and a shitzu all in the car at the same time!

Thanks to all that said Hi!!!

Sara
                    I went to a grooming school that use to be in Corona, almost into Norco, many moons ago.

Comment

Hi from Bakersfield.I don't have a trailer I have a wagntail van.If I was going to buy another it would be a trailer.

Comment

Hi! Greetings from East Tennessee!

I am a native Californian (lived there for 33 years). Born in Santa Maria (central coastal), moved to the bay area, Concord (about 45 miles east of San Francisco) and then moved to Southern California, Tustin (about 30-45 minutes from Corona) in 1979. Lived there until 1998-moved to Knoxville, Tennessee.

I'll be coming back soon-I've been homesick for almost 10 years. All of my family are still there.

Good luck with going mobile! It's great to hear that you were self-taught.

Comment

hey guys, im also new from CA (why start a new thread). im from Ventura county though, dont see anyone on here from there yet

Comment

Welcome!(To both of you)

I have always wanted to live in Cal. I went on a road trip to central california to pick up a dog and I just fell in love with the area. Lots to do there too. Anywho, welcome and good luck on going mobile.

Comment

Working...
                            X