I'm new with a hundred questions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new with a hundred questions....

Hi- I am new to this board and fairly new to grooming- I've been out of school for about 7 months, but had been a bather for about 3 years. Now I'm a new mobile van owner and have started my new business. I jumped right into buying my own van because I tried working for quite a few shops, and frankely, was disgusted by the business ethics of every shop owner I met! I'm determined to run my company morally, honestly, and with concern for the animal above all else- especially money. Money doesnt matter to me. Not like it seems to matter to so many shop owners these days, anyway.

Since I've started my business, about 2 months ago, things are going well. Better than I or my fiance/partner expected at first, anyway. I'm here, though, cuz I've been reading these threads, and finding there's so very much I don't know!

I'm glad I found this site, though- it's a Godsend- because I don't want to make some huge mistake that costs me my career or wrecks my reputation, or whatever.

I've got tons of questions, but I will post them in the next few days or so- not tonite- it is very late and I am very tired- but I just wanted to say hello, and be polite and all.

So hello, and thanks!

Nervous1
    San Diego, CA

Welcome to the board, you will learn lots of great stuff!

Comment

Perception

Nervous1,

I too am in San Diego. We had our Shi Tzu's groomed by a mobile groomer offered by our Vet. When I drove in to drop off the girls, I noticed the mobile grooming van pitted with rust. I was not impressed from the start. I wondered how I could expect a good job done on our girls if the groomer couldn't even maintain her equipment. This was a couple years ago so I know it was not you. Needless to say that was the last time we had our girls groomed there. That is the only advice I can give since I am not a groomer yet. But I am still a customer.

ltljon93

Comment

Working...
      X