New

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New

Hi, I am new to groomertalk. I have been working as a bather/assistant for an established groomer. I understand that a lot of you out there started your grooming careers this way. I know it depends on the individual, but on average how long does it take to train a bather/assistant to become a groomer. I am just curious, should I expect to be doing this role for several years? I love what I am doing, I am just eager to learn more.

I am thankful for any advice.

On the average six months OJT will probably suffice to get you rolling as a groomer. Then another year or two to get really good.

Comment

Ditto to what Scullysmom said.

How long have you been bathing? If more than 6 months talk to your boss. Time to venture into grooming.
      "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
      Diane

Comment

New

If you have been bathing, drying, and doing all the basics for 6 months, its time to move forward a little. Did you get hired as an apprentice or as a bather? I had to bathe and dry for a year before I was allowed to touch a clipper! But I already knew I would have to do this when I was hired. If you feel you are ready, ask to do more!

Comment

Working...
        X