Grooming for 20 years, just started own biz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grooming for 20 years, just started own biz

Hi everybody! Yes, I still enjoy grooming after all this time. I'm looking forward to being a member of Pet Groomer Forums, sharing some experiences, and learning something new. I was trained to groom on the job, at a small shop, after I had been bathing and drying for almost a year. I am thankful that I was trained the old-fashioned way, because I believe that's why I'm so meticulous. My favorite breeds to groom are poodles and bichons, because I do enjoy fluff-drying and hand-scissoring. I have 3 dogs, 2 cats, and 2 kids, oh, and also 1 man. One of my dogs is a Brussels Griffon (13 years old), and the other 2 are Rescue AmStaffs. All 3 are males, but AmStaffs are afraid of the Brussels. With 2 cats (both girls), things get interesting sometimes. Anyway, it's great to be here. All the best to everybody-----MissKurly

Yay a Virginian!!!!

Wahooooooo!!!! Another Virginia groomer!!!! Great to see you on the board! So are you mobile? I'm so happy for you! Welcome to the forum - hope we can meet up sometime. Are you going to the NDGAA certification workshop in Richmond in a couple weeks? I am so excited...I've been looking forward to it. PM me anytime!

Comment

Welcome to the board.

Did you open a shop, go mobile or work out of your home????

Hope to get a lot of feed back from you, with all your experience.
      "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
      Diane

Comment

Grooming for 20 years, just started own biz.

I have started out doing housecalls, but hope to eventually have enuf $$$$ to get a conversion van. I have always worked in a shop, and it's a very different experience! If there are any housecall groomers who could give me any tips, that would be great!

Comment

Working...
        X