Hi all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all!

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum, but I've been reading it for a short time and love it! I'm a CMG with IPG and ISCC. I've been grooming for about 25 years or so. I ran a salon for 22 years, recently sold it to a long time employee and have now built a grooming studio in my home. Grooming dogs is my passion and I feel so fortunate to be doing something so very worthwhile!

welcome!

Ive been grooming 17 years. owned a shop for the last 4 years. I think I would like to get back to grooming at home. I'm ready to slow it down a bit. glad your here.

Comment

Welcome to the board. Nice to see another Canuck around here.
      "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Thanks for the hello!

Originally posted by petpalswi View Post
        Ive been grooming 17 years. owned a shop for the last 4 years. I think I would like to get back to grooming at home. I'm ready to slow it down a bit. glad your here.
        Thank you! Yes, I'm ready to slow down a bit too. I'm 58 this summer and have been in the grooming industry since I was about 30.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Crazy View Post
          Welcome to the board. Nice to see another Canuck around here.
          Hi! Thank you. I think this is a fantastic way to learn about our industry, and it's so great to be immersed among groomers!!!

Comment

Welcome, and funny I'm an old timer who just moved her business out of the home to a commercial location! Is'nt life bizarre?

Comment

Originally posted by caninecrazy View Post
              Welcome, and funny I'm an old timer who just moved her business out of the home to a commercial location! Is'nt life bizarre?
              Thanks for the welcome!

Congratulations on you new business. This is the best business in the world to be in... from home OR shop. Us old groomers never stop, we just change locations!!!

I finally moved into my home only because I felt I'd been in the salon so long (since /87), I think I was finally in a burn-out that I couldn't seem to shake. But I must say, it is amazingly hard to make the transition from the daily adrenaline rush of go, go, go, to... not!

Comment

Fur, know what ya mean, when I worked out of the house I gained about 20 extra pounds! I've dropped about 15 so far since open the salon! Be careful at home your awful close to frig! HE he

Comment

Welcome!
                  "No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin

Comment

Welcome glad you decided to join the party..
                    "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
                    and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
                    www.wagmoresalon.com

Comment

Originally posted by caninecrazy View Post
                      Fur, know what ya mean, when I worked out of the house I gained about 20 extra pounds! I've dropped about 15 so far since open the salon! Be careful at home your awful close to frig! HE he
                      I know, right? I can take my toast and coffee right into the studio in the mornings.

But it's so easy to go and give my two bengals a cuddle every now and then too, so the home thing does seem to have some things going for it so far...

Thanks everyone for the welcoming words...it's so amazing to be among groomers! I just love it...but how do you keep track of who is who??? Just practice I guess?

Comment

Hi Fur

Welcome! I am on Vancouver Island. Originally from Winnipeg, too cold! LOL
                        "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
                        Quote:Cath

Comment

Working...
                        X