Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to site from Colorado

Hi all !
    I am new to Petgroomer.com. I am a NCMG from Windsor Colorado. I have been grooming for 23 yrs and have also owned my shop for the same length of time. I started to groom as an occupation and not just a hobby so that I could stay at home with my 2 children. Thay are now 21 and 19 and it has been a blessed 23 yrs of grooming, I could make my own schedules, do as many dogs as needed and was done everyday by 3:00 to pick them up from school. My 19 yr old daughter was the # Autralian Cattle Dog Jr Handler for 2008 and also got our ACD to Eukanuba and Westminster and a#5 position in the top 10 ACD's for 2008 She now is an assistant to a top handler so she is a second generation groomer,My son could care less about grooming but REALLY loves dogs. I think we can all agree that our grooming affects the whole family. I am an empty nester now and so that is what brings me here.

Welcome coloradoclipper! (I have to come up w/ a shortcut for that....that's a LOT of letters for my frail and delicate digits )

I usually let people know they can learn alot here...but I see all those capitol letters in a row in your post, which indicate to me...you better git learning US.

Sounds like your daughter has done really, really, well,...and that's very cool!

Your grooming is knock-out good too!

This is a fun and informative site (until a food fight breaks out) so I hope it will assist you w/ your empty nest syndrome.
    Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Hello Again!

Welcome to the site, I'm new here as well. You've already been a big help to me by joining and I think several will benifit from having you on as well. Congratulations to your daughter to, I guess those apples don't fall to far away from the tree after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessica View Post
        Welcome to the site, I'm new here as well. You've already been a big help to me by joining and I think several will benifit from having you on as well. Congratulations to your daughter to, I guess those apples don't fall to far away from the tree after all.
        If you only Knew!

Comment

Welcome to the board. I am also grooming in order to stay home with my two kids. Well, my daughter is in 1st grade now, but I am at home with my son. I opened my own mobile so that I could schedule appointments when my husband is home. BUt I wanted to ask, what did you do in the summer time when your kids were home from school? I had always thought "well when both kids are in school I can work more" totally forgetting they would be out on summer break. I was grooming long before I had kids, but I am thankful the job can be so flexible. My kids are still young, 6 and 4, so it will be a while before they can be home by themselves.
          Maybe I can make enough working that hubby can find something part time somewhere and he can be home with them during most days in the summer. I also have an employee who shares my van so it's still being used even when I can't be in there.
          i'm trying to soak up as much of their childhoods as I can because I know they grow up too fast. I still can't believe they are as old as they are!
          What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Welcome a-board.

Tammy in Utah
            Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Working...
            X