Hello from Joyce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Joyce

I made a late in life career change to something I like to do (grooming) from something I hated doing (accounting.

I finally took the plunge and hopefully by this time next year I'll be set up and running.

I am on Vancouver Island at the moment but planning on moving back to my hometown just outside of Ottawa, Ontario.

This forum is very informative, nicely laid out and easy to read. Glad I dropped by.

Welcome, and good luck to you

Good for you. If you love grooming, you will have fun almost every day. Just be sure to charge enough so that you won't always be struggling, as that is one of the things that happens to groomers because we are led by our hearts a lot.

Why move from Vancouver Island to Ottawa? Grooming may be better where it isn't so cold for much of the winter, is what I'm thinking (I am a Canadian from Toronto, and lived in Vancouver for 8 years in the 70's.)

Comment

Originally posted by Debbiedogs View Post
      Why move from Vancouver Island to Ottawa? Grooming may be better where it isn't so cold for much of the winter, is what I'm thinking (I am a Canadian from Toronto, and lived in Vancouver for 8 years in the 70's.)
      Mostly it is because my kids and siblings are settled there and I want to see them more. I am too homesick all the time and after 15 years it's time for a change. Not looking forward to snow again though.

There seems to be many more small dogs in Ottawa than where I am. Most people out here have big labs, chows, shepheards, rotties, and pitbulls. It took me months to find a shitzhu for myself and I finally brought her back from Quebec.

I know there are plenty of small dogs on the island but most are in the Victoria or Nanaimo area and I am smack in the centre of the island.

Comment

Working...
      X