Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello – not sure where to ask but I was wondering if anybody is in the Garland/Rowlett, etc.. (Texas) area (I am in the Wylie area) that might be willing to answer a couple questions for me. I am 42 and wanting to make a career change (automotive industry for 18 years + Vet tech part time for almost 5 years). I have researched grooming for 3 years (forums, lots of DVD’s) - have all my equipment – just not sure where to go. A little scared in making the jump.

Welcome Randy.

I'm sorry I missed your first post the other day. It's good to have you with us. I'm not in the Texas area, but it sounds like you are serious about the career change. Do you have any experience grooming? Are you able to find work at a grooming salon? or find a groomer in your area willing to help you learn? You could also try contacting local breeders and ask to watch/help them with their retired show dogs. What about volunteering for a local rescue/humane society and practice on the dogs there?

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Keep us updated and keep asking questions.
    "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
    X