Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New here and Trying to decide Mobile or Salon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here and Trying to decide Mobile or Salon?

Hi I am have been coming on this site for a few years but finally decided to sign up to chat.

I have been grooming for the past 8years now. For the first 7 years I worked at a Salon and over the last year I have been working out of my home and helping out a few days a week doing Mobile. Now I am trying to choose which would be the choice for me...Mobile or Shop? I know that I am ready to make the leap into business owner but which business is right for me? Any info that anyone can give to help make the right decision would be wonderful!

Well, it sounds as if you have an idea of what both entail. I think it comes down to which you enjoy more. I went mobile in November of last year after being in a shop for 28 years. I love the mobile. I have had to get my own clientele instead of taking any of my old clients with me, but I love it. It is starting to get busier too. I got 8 new clients just this week. It's awesome. One thing, you don't say where you are located. Location is key for mobile. I am rural, so I drive, but I usually have lots of multiples and make more than at the shop.

Comment

Mobile or Salon

I have been mobile for 4 years and love it; have 2 vans. Be sure to "do your homework" when thinking mobile. It about area size and demographics...income brackets. Most of my mobile clients are in the upper income brackets. I have a wide area with these demographics to chose from...thank goodness. Very best of luck.

Poochlady

Comment

Working...
      X