New to Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Site

Hello fellow Groomers! I am new to this message board, but have been grooming for 4 years now. I love my profession and am hoping to expand in the future and continue to educate myself. I am interested in a home study program in which I can receive a certificate but do not have to travel for training. Any suggestions? Thanks so much, Happy Grooming!

Welcome to the site, I am sure there will be tons of information that you will find useful. Search the threads and different forums and you are bound to come across interesting information. If you don't find what you are looking for, ask, and I am sure someone on here will have some ideas!
    Enjoy

Comment

Welcome to the board there is so much to learn here. Don't be afraid to ask questions. As far as home study goes I believe that there are a few different threads on here about that just look if no one suggests on here. I just can't remember what others have used.
      "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
      and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
      www.wagmoresalon.com

Comment

Welcome here!

I'm wondering why you want a certificate if you have been grooming for 4 years? There are many educational videos that will help you "upgrade" but won't give you a certificate, while an online certificate course is probably simply going to go over what you already know.

Just wondering.

Comment

I am hoping to open my own salon in the next year or so and have been told that banks want a certificate of some sort. If ya'll have other experience opening your own salon I would love suggestions.

Comment

banks don't care about certificates. They care about collateral and abillity to repay and a good credit rating.

Comment

Welcome to the board! With 4 years of grooming if you want a certificate I suggest getting your CMG or equivalent through one of the many grooming associations.
              My Blog: <a href="http://groomwise.typepad.com/in_the_dogs_house/">In the Dogs' House Groomwise Blog</a>

Comment

Working...
              X