Hello from Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Ontario

Hi I'm new here and to grooming. I went to a grooming school last year and have decided to go mobile, Still a new concept in my area. I have been up and running for 2.5 weeks now and people really seem to like the idea and have done quiet a few grooms already with my van and have clients pre booking their next groom. It's a Wagn tails van that I purchased from them in Indiana and am very happy with it. I love the fact my work place is right outside my door. I'm at a stage in my life where I no longer wanted to work for a boss and do the 9 to 5 thing anymore so this has been great so far. I'm still learning all the tricks of the trade and really need to speed up a bit with out compromising my quality of work but that will come with time I guess.

Welcome to the board. Nice to see another groomer from Ontario here. Where in Ontario are you? I'm in Guelph, but previously lived in Burlington. There are a few mobile in that area, but I haven't seen any around here yet.
    "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Welcome!!

I'm originally from Ontario.

Yes, speed comes with time - a year or two to start, and gets better from there. Helps if you can work with a more experienced groomer for tips as you go along, too. Even just a day or two a month will get you LOTS more exposure to tips and tricks, I think.

So enjoy this site - it's a wonderful resource!!

Comment

Welcome! I wish I could do mobile someday.. however I live in the sticks :P Good luck on your new venture.. You'll have to keep us updated on how it's going!

Comment

Working...
        X