Hey There!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey There!

Heya, I'm totally new to this board and to online chatting in general, so be patient with me!
    I just opened my own shop 2 weeks ago after working for other places in town for 3 years. I don't have a ton of experience, but I think I can make up for that in my ambition to make a completely new kind of experience than the pet owners are used to in town. (I hope!) It's been soooo slow so I have been surfing the internet for inspiration when I stumbled upon this site! Should be a great resource, as I have much to learn!
    Anyone with beginner tips, I'd LOVE to hear them!

Hi There

Congratulations to you on opening your new salon!! I'm new here too, I've been surfing this web site almost everyday. There is a ton of information. Best of luck to ya!

Comment

Welcome! There are many people on here that will be able to help you (sorry I'm not one of them LOL). You'll learn a lot on here. Best of luck with your new business!!
      "No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin

Comment

Hi back

There is so much information here, you'll learn lots. I've been in dogs forever and full time grooming about 17 years. I still learn things on here.

Look up marketing for instance on here. I think if I needed business I'd work really hard on getting a (free) press release. Signage helps tremendously even by putting signs on your car. I've had somebody chase me down wanting to learn about my grooming services by seeing my sign. A web site can help lots. Store bulletin boards gets people who are local. Too slow this morning to think of more but I'm sure you'll get lots more.
        Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Welcome

I'm another one who is not much help. I do read a lot here though.
          Have you made the rounds to your local Veterinarians, pet stores, feed stores? Let them meet you and know about your business.
          It also helps to have some flyers to leave with them to give out to prospective clients.
          Good luck with your new business.

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks to everyone for the good words! I'm so nervous about this whole thing tanking, but at the end of the day I just decided to go for it!
            I have gone to all the vet clinics, the feed store, the college which offers Vet Tech classes, and pet stores. (in which the owners all tell me they only work with "so-and-so") frustrating! But I have gotten great feed back from people, just not many calls. =(
            I'm thinking part of the problem is that 1) people don't know I'm here, and 2) it's still very cold in MN. Many people go as long as possible between grooms around here because of the below zero temps. So nerve wracking, but I'm trying to keep a good outlook!
            Thanks again everyone!

Comment

HI another newbie

I am working on going to grooming school but it costs a lot of money. I have been out of work for 1 year know so money is not good. I have been grooming my dogs and familys for years. I love doing it I like working with dogs and cats. The only problem is I am 44 today am I to old to do this.

Comment

Working...
              X