Greetings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings

Just wanted to come and say hello, glad to be here, looking to open my own shop in conjuction with my handling business soon. Just dropping by to say hello and have lots of questions!
    Carol

Welcome Carol! I have learned so much,and enjoyed the comraderie here as well. Good luck with your business. What breeds do you handle? I'm sure we can learn from you as well.
    "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
    Quote:Cath

Comment

Hello Carol and welcome to the board! I too would be interested in knowing what breeds you handle. Where in NJ are you?

Comment

Welcome aboard. Me too, what breeds do you handle?

Comment

handle

Just about everything, I am primarily into Bedlington Terriers, Vizslas, Rhodesian Ridgebacks and pugs of recent. I did my handler apprenticeships with 2 wonderful handlers. One specializing in belgians, siberians, schipperkes, corgi and mostly all herding breeds. The other was a Toy breed and Non-Sporting handler, mostly poodles, bichons, maltese, yorkies, poms, and the occasional other breed, not really into hand stripping, but am handy with a pair of clippers. Growing up in a household with numerous bedlingtons, grooming was always a-plenty LOL! I am Central northern NJ in Morris County.

Comment

Welcome!
            Ive wanted to get into handling for years, about as long as Ive wanted to be a groomer. How did you become an apprentice?

Comment

Hello Carol! Its great to see you here!
              Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
              www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Welcome to this wonderful place!

Welcome,
                this is about the best place to be... I've spent many nights reading posts until the wee hours of the morning, then I found the Blogwise pages! Yikes..stayed up until 3am the past two days learning really great things...
                I love this place, and the people are all so helpful, not sure I could go a day without it now!
                Hope you enjoy it as much as I do
                Lisa
                AKA Gluergirl / Little_Critters on e-groomer

Comment

handling apprenticeship

I was a junior handler during my teenage years, if you wanted to do fullshow clusters you became hired help. To be apprentice show help means 24/7 commitment, ont he road with a well knowledgeed and hopefully decent professional handler plus a lot of info thrown at you at once, not just dog prep, but you will hardly ever handle when you start. It is better to start by showing your own dogs first and learn the really reputible pros and then become an apprentice full time, no other way to go abotu it and they have to trust you, the days are long, the work is unbelievably difficult and the pay stinks!
                  there is no other training in the world like it
                  C

Comment

Working...
                  X