Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello,

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone!

I have always been interested in everything dog, especially grooming. Up until recently, I have always been too nervous to even consider dog grooming, but I am going to go for it!

So please forgive me in advance, I'm going to have lots of silly questions!

Thanks!

Nervous?

Hi! I'm new here too. Welcome! So why were you nervous?

Comment

Welcome!

There are no silly questions. There is a lot to learn when you first begin grooming. You've come to the right place to ask questions and learn. I've learned a lot on here and am grateful that a site with such a wealth of information exists!

Enjoy your new path!

Comment

Please don't think any of your questions are silly. Ask away.
        www.gomobileandsucceed.com
        http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Thanks so much for the reassurance (it is greatly needed and appreciated)!

I have always had such great respect for those that cut hair (human/dog/cat alike) as it takes tremendous skill, knowledge, practice, etc. I guess I have been nervous, because while hair does grow back, it seems so "final" at the moment (not sure if that is making any sense). I have just always been worried that I would not be able to do as good as I would like to, etc. (but I'll never be any good if I don't try).

I have been working on building confidence and such lately, and I think that has not only given me the boost to work towards something I have always wanted (becoming a groomer), but also helped me think that with practice, learning, and research, I have the potential to do well.

Comment

Welcome. I agree with everyone else. No question is silly. But most of your questions probably have been asked already, so look for threads. Good luck!

Comment

The only silly question is the one left unasked. We were all new at one point, and we all remember how it is. And I'm sure there isn't one person on this board who hasn't picked up at least one new tip or trick here. I know I sure have learned a lot, and I've been grooming for over 25 years now. Who says old dogs can't learn new tricks? Woof! Welcome aboard!

Comment

Working...
              X