Canadian Newbie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Newbie!

Hey guys! Just thought I'd introduce myself I've been lurking here for a while so I decided to join. This seems like a great site!

I'm 26 years old and live in a very small town in Alberta, Canada. I am married and we have a "furbaby", Lucy. She is our 2 year old Shih tzu/Bichon Frise mix. I've done obedience, rally o and agility classes with her. We have some agility classes starting up again in January. She looooves it! I also own a 10 year old Arabian gelding (horse) and love riding and do endurance rides.

Right now I am just working part time bathing dogs for my friend who is a groomer. I am going to take the groomadog online course after Christmas. I am hoping to eventually be able to groom on my own from home.

This site seems to be such a wealth of information! I am so glad I found it

Welcome :-)
    "The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is in fact the most precious and valuable possession of mankind"-Theodorus Gaza

Comment

Welcome from the East

Comment

Welcome to the site I am sure you will find some very valuable information here, as all of us have. If I may, I'd like to tell you that even tho you are going to do an online course and/or home course, do not replace your hands on experience with the course. I also ordered a home course and even tho it is very good, it does not give you that "hands on" experience that you would get if you were attending a grooming school. Even tho you are required to do some grooming of specific breeds before you receive your certification, it's still not the same, or at least it isn't for me. If you can get the groomer to teach you while you are there, thats the best experience you can get. JMO

Comment

Welcome Lucyloo! cute doggie!

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes! I think Lucy is pretty cute too

Lightning > Thanks for the advice! That is my plan, to do the course (you do have to groom 20 dogs for it) but also work with my groomer on dogs for a while and learn from her as well. I would go to a "regular" school but the only 2 in Alberta are both too far away, so I think doing this is the best option for me

Comment

Welcome and good luck with your grooming school.

Comment

Working...
              X