Hi Everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Everyone!

Hi, i'm caryn from the eastern shore of maryland. i was a vet tech for 3 years before i decided i would rather groom so i went to work at a kennel/grooming facility. i thought she hired me so she could teach me to groom but all i did was clean up dog poop from 6am to 6pm haha. she did teach me a little bit on her "in-house" toy poodle and told me i was a natural. ha. so with a big head i thought i can do this and baught a van and started grooming. that was 4 1/2 years ago!! i did go to the expo in hershey in '02 but everything was greek to me and didn't absorb very much. thought maybe i would go this year to actually learn! well, thats my story. look forward to chatting with all of you!

Hi Caryn,
    Welcome! You've come to a great place to learn and share stories about your grooming adventures so I hope you enjoy being a member here!
    Sheri

Comment

HI and Welcome!

Comment

Welcome Gonetothedogs

What a great name. You didn't say, but are you more comfortable with grooming now? I know that, at first, it seems to be overwhelming. But, as you go along, you start to realize that the times of total confusion are interspersed with glimmers of knowledge LOL

Comment

Welcome and nice to hear from another Marylander!
          Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

more comfortabel

I am more comfortable now! especially since most of the dogs i groom i have been grooming 3-4 years. i feel like i am still slow though, 2 1/2 for a cocker? same for a toy poodle. at least i'm not getting any slower!

Comment

YAY! Another Marylander! Welcome! You should try Intergroom in April in Jersey too.

Comment

Am I a Baltamoron?

A Marylander? I was born in Baltimore, my mother, her mom and dad and back to 1700s. All burried at Louden park, near Baltimore. Uncle in Cockeysville. He is in his 80s.Yes, they laughed and said they were balta-morons. hahaha. Maybe that is why Rapuzzled likes me.....I also lived in NJ, Chicago subs, Northern, Cal now Phx, sub, AZ. First 4yrs in MD. Does that count?

Comment

Originally posted by mustluvdogs1 View Post
                  A Marylander? I was born in Baltimore, my mother, her mom and dad and back to 1700s. All burried at Louden park, near Baltimore. Uncle in Cockeysville. He is in his 80s.Yes, they laughed and said they were balta-morons. hahaha. Maybe that is why Rapuzzled likes me.....I also lived in NJ, Chicago subs, Northern, Cal now Phx, sub, AZ. First 4yrs in MD. Does that count?
                  too funny mustluv! I was born in Baltimore, but live about twenty min. outside of Balt. so I don't consider myself a Baltimoron, lol.
                  Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Everyone knows I'm a Bawlmoron by the way I talk, hon.

Comment

Working...
                    X