hi folks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi folks

hi all! my names kylie im 23 from australia and im just starting to get into grooming. i am doing a course at the moment, which i am currently unhappy with. it finishes soon so after that i am hoping to do work experience with a groomer and see if they can train me up instead. id rather learn 1 on 1 than try to compete with others for help. i plan to do a vet nursing course in the future as well. i have an akita. shes almost 5 years old and i love her to pieces i also have a cat who is almost 7.

its nice to know there is a forum for groomers. i dont believe that 1 person knows it all so its nice to see other peoples opinions other than the teachers. theres a lot of things i wouldnt have known about if i hadnt come here.

Hi Kylie,
    Welcome. THis is such a geographically diverse place. Good luck on the 1 on 1 training it will probably be such more fun to learn that way. This is a great place to learn info also. Hope to see you posting.

Comment

Welcome, Kybert and G'day! There is a LOT of information available to you at your fingertips on these bulletinboards. Lots of questions and answers going on.

Make sure you make it to the "general" topics forum, you'll see a lot there. I've been on these boards for 3 years and I've learned a LOT from what others have had to say on here, and still learn to this day. I find a lot of time-saving techniques, grooming ideas, etc...it's worth it to spend a little time here if you REALLY have the desire to learn.

Tammy in Utah
      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Welcome to the boards!
        Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Welcome and good luck. You have come to a great place to learn and get great advice. So ask away.

Comment

Welcome & good luck to you! It's great to have groomers from so many countries and continents on this board. And it's a great place to keep learning.

Comment

hello and welcome!! when you learn so much that you want to teach, you can invites all to the "down under" for your seminar!! what a blast! take care and read read read!!
              cheri

Comment

Welcome Kylie, from the United Kingdom. Glad you joined us!

Comment

Hi Kylie,
                  Welcome! I'm sorry to hear you're disappointed with the grooming course you're currently taking, but I hope you find a wonderful groomer who can give you some excellent one-on-one training. Keep us posted on how you're doing!
                  Sheri

Comment

Working...
                  X