pet stores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pet stores

I am working with a certified groomer to be trained to become a pet groomer, and i wanted to know if anybody can tell me anything about petco or petsmart. I would like to work for somebody rather owning my own shop

Welcome

OCngratulations on the decision to become a groomer. I think both of these place offer great opportunities to continue learning.

Comment

thanks, I am very excited to start my new career. I hope to be able to get in to one of the stores by june that will give me six months of training. I am glad I found petgroomer.com it is very informational

Comment

Welcome kayc! I have known a couple groomers who worked at corperate grooming shops. They were very pleased with their careers and seemed very successful. I hope that you have lots of success as well.

Comment

Hi Kayc,
          Welcome! I've never worked for a PetCo or PetSmart so I don't have any helpful info to offer but just wanted to wish you much success with your training and new career!
          Sheri

Comment

hi,congrats on your new career,i worked at petco for 8 yrs learned alot,and was happy,i left a year ago to pursue my own shop
            trish

Comment

pet stores

thanks for all the info! how is it in san diego, it is about 14 degrees here in indiana earlier in the week it was 10 below 0.

Comment

Hi

Kayc, what part of Indiana? My sister lives in Evansville.

Comment

I live just outside of Fort Wayne, IN , I have been to southern In its pretty with all the hills how did you end up in florida? I am hoping to relocate to someplace warm when I get my training done and have atleast a year of experience

Comment

Florida

I was actually born in Orlando, my family moved to Indiana when I was in my early teens. As son as I graduated I came back to where I thought of as home. My sister was an "uh-oh" baby and was born in Evansville so she stayed:-) since that is all she knew.

Comment

do you enjoy florida? I am hoping once I get going in my pet grooming career I would like to move south to a warmer state. I am married with 2 children so its a little scary picking up and moving.

Comment

Welcome Kayc. I can't help you with your questions about working for a commercial groomer, but wanted to say hello and I'm from Indiana too.

I'm south of South Bend, so I know what you mean about the cold weather. Good luck with your grooming career.

Comment

Working...
                        X