In Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Oregon

Hi everybody! I just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Oregon. Have been grooming now for 11 wonderful years. I wish I had discovered grooming a long time ago. Yes is it a lot of work but I just love my job. I work in a very large vet. clinic strictlly as a groomer but I am included in the "family" there.
    I am 50 years old and my back and sholder are telling me its time to find another job but no way. I love this job to much. Actually its more like a hobby to me than a job.
    Anybody else out there that works in a vet clinic? How do you like working there?

Hello grandmagreen! It's nice to meet you. I love Oregon. What part of Oregon do you live in? I have friends in Portland. I was just there visiting and we all went to the coast. It is so beautiful there. Anyway, I just wanted to say welcome!

Comment

Hi GrandmaGreen,
      Welcome! Your enthusiasm about your job is wonderful. I too feel very blessed to have a job I love. Hope you enjoy this message board as much as I do too!
      Sheri

Comment

been here all my life

I live in Roseburg. Its about 3 hours south of Portland right off I-5. I have lived here all my life so has my hubby. The Oregon coast is very beautiful. Our daughter and her family live there so we go a often as we can. That is where we go to vacation and get away from it all. Fishings great there too!
        Gotta go and fix supper. Gotta rest up for two huge malamutes for tomorrow. Its gonna be a hairy day.
        Oh, I forgot to tell everybody that my younger daughter works there at the clinic too as a groomer. Its amazing we get along so well.

Comment

Edited.
          Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-25-07, 03:36 PM.

Comment

pnw groom expo

hi papmeredpups! I dont know if I am going to the expo. I havent been to an expo except one other time and it was quite a few years ago. I would love to go except I dont know financially if I can afford to go. I have been thinking about asking some of the other groomers here in Roseburg if they would like to car pool up there and share a room and expenses.

Comment

Welcome

I always say better late than never, I discovered Grooming as my oldest was entering highschool, he is graduationg from College this June and I love my job!

Comment

Originally posted by grandmagreen View Post
                I live in Roseburg. Its about 3 hours south of Portland right off I-5. I have lived here all my life so has my hubby. The Oregon coast is very beautiful. Our daughter and her family live there so we go a often as we can. That is where we go to vacation and get away from it all. Fishings great there too!
                Gotta go and fix supper. Gotta rest up for two huge malamutes for tomorrow. Its gonna be a hairy day.
                Oh, I forgot to tell everybody that my younger daughter works there at the clinic too as a groomer. Its amazing we get along so well.

Hi Grandmagree,

I have been to Roseburg a few times. The coast is beautiful up there too. I live in Shasta County, CA. My older daughter works with me and my younger daughter grooms at a vet clinic a few miles away.

Comment

I was raised in Eugene, Oregon. It is beautiful there, but too cold for me! I have never been to Roseburg, and it was so close to me! I will be a little jealous of your summer...here in AZ it is hot, hot, hot! But worth the trade for me. Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to you!

Comment

Working...
                    X