Hello from CT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from CT

I am starting grooming school tonight and I can't wait. I have been in the insurance industry for 25 years and am looking forward to my new career. I'm a little nervous but love animals and working with them so I am not nervous about the career change. I have been reading and learning alot from this site. I will continue to keep reading and learning. Thanks for all the great info and ideas.

Hey Gracie Lou welcome to the site, what part of Ct are you in? Good luck in grooming school it is really fun what school will you be going to?

Comment

Well Done

Hi Gracie Lou, a big warm welcome and good luck tonight! I hope you are as happy as I am in your new career.
      Angie

Comment

Welcome gracie!

Are you going to the CT School of Dog Grooming? I graduated from there last December. Jenny is the best! Your going to have so much fun! Keep us updated!

Comment

Hi Gracie,
          Welcome! Have fun at school tonight! Good luck and keep us posted on how you're doing.
          Sheri

Comment

Congratulations, have a BLAST tonight!

Comment

congrats, welcome to CT.
              Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
              "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

Welcome Gracie Lou. There are quite a few of us here who have made a career switch to grooming. IMO the added business experience that is gained from working in other businesses, can oftentimes apply to the business of grooming as well and be quite helpful. Best of luck to you in your new career!

Comment

Hi Gracie,
                  Do you live in Connecticut, or are you just going to school here? By now you've made it through the first week. How is it going? Are you absolutely loving it? I also worked in insurance for a few years before working for a well known stationary co prior to entering grooming. It was a great decision for me and I hope it is for you as well.
                  Best of luck to you!
                  don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Gracie Lou,

A Big Congratulations to you and welcome!!

Comment

Best of luck in grooming and welcome......

Comment

Where in Connecticut are you?

Welcome - from Lori in Rocky Hill. What school are you going to. Best of luck.

Comment

hello CT

Originally posted by Gracie Lou View Post
                          I am starting grooming school tonight and I can't wait. I have been in the insurance industry for 25 years and am looking forward to my new career. I'm a little nervous but love animals and working with them so I am not nervous about the career change. I have been reading and learning alot from this site. I will continue to keep reading and learning. Thanks for all the great info and ideas.
                          Hi Gracie Lou,
                          I'm not too far away from you geographically and otherwise. Congrats on starting school and the career change. I am dong the same thing (after 25 years in retail and then Human Services), but haven't chosen the school yet. I might be limited to NY state however. How did you choose your school?

I don't expect a reply so fast since you are probably pretty tired having just started school.

Comment

Working...
                          X