Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saying Hello!

Hello Everybody!
    At the very beginning of 2021 I moved from Norcal to Southern Montana which has landed me an amazing opportunity working as a bather in a local salon and doggy daycare in Belgrade; enabling me to begin my training as a dog groomer. My boss has been extremely awesome in mentoring and challenging me every day through hands-on experience to start my journey as a dog groomer, so she introduced me to this site. I am very excited to be apart of this community and am very thankful for a website to connect to other groomers and bathers with a shared passion and love for dogs, as well as the opportunity to expand my knowledge and further my training with the help of my mentor and all of you! I have been able to work with dogs all day, 4 days a week, being able to care for them and comfort them which seems like a dream come true, on top of the creativity that grooming helps create and flourish. How is everyone doing? (:
    Happy Sunday!
    Sarah

Hello! Sounds like a great oppty.

How did you adjust to the MT winters after being in Norcal?

Comment

Welcome, Sarah! You are in the right place. This site has tons of information, and nice helpful people, too!

Comment

Welcome. It makes a world of difference to have such support and training. Do you live alone, how do you support yourself as just a bather? Any family, I am curious about living in Montana.

Comment

Welcome freelkdwind19!
          It sounds like you found a wonderful boss! And a pretty great career!
          I too direct people to this site because I got so much more practical grooming advice and knowledge here than I did during my schooling. Going back through the older forums it is mind boggling how much information is here. Free for the reading. Very knowledgable, generous groomers. You’re gonna love it here!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarahsmomma View Post
            Hello! Sounds like a great oppty.

How did you adjust to the MT winters after being in Norcal?
            Thank you!
            Well I actually really love snow so as long as I dress correctly with layers I get to enjoy being out on the town or hiking in the snow. Having a wood burning stove in the house makes a world of difference too! Driving has probably been the hardest part so I've just been trying to be slow and alert.

Comment

Originally posted by blingwithfur View Post
              Welcome. It makes a world of difference to have such support and training. Do you live alone, how do you support yourself as just a bather? Any family, I am curious about living in Montana.
              I am already feeling it!
              I moved up here with my husband so it's just us two which I am extremely thankful for because we saved up a lot to move out here and then we split costs which is allowing me to pursue this career without worrying too much about money (until I have to start buying equipment that is LOL).

Comment

You are very well spoken in the written word Sarah! Welcome to a wondrous and financially rewarding career. So what brought you to Montana? I, like many others don’t need much room to surmise the MANY reasons you might have for leaving Southern California. Just curious if it was a job for your husband or was it this job that you had lined up before leaving the locked down unfree conditions of southern CA? I have much interest in other areas of the country also. Good luck and keep us abreast!

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt99 View Post
                  You are very well spoken in the written word Sarah! Welcome to a wondrous and financially rewarding career. So what brought you to Montana? I, like many others don’t need much room to surmise the MANY reasons you might have for leaving Southern California. Just curious if it was a job for your husband or was it this job that you had lined up before leaving the locked down unfree conditions of southern CA? I have much interest in other areas of the country also. Good luck and keep us abreast!
                  Haha thank you so much! All these warm welcomes are so awesome and very encouraging, even at the very beginning of this career journey I'm finding it's already very rewarding compared to any other job I've had. You are right about the sack-full of reasons to leave California LOL! But, we decided to move up here for school however we wanted to wait til we got in-state tuition hoping we wouldn't have to fork over so much; so we moved up here with our savings and started job hunting. I stumbled upon my boss's ad for a bather and everything sky rocketed from there... It honestly feels like everything that fell into place was meant to be, if that makes sense. Thank you, the best of luck to you too! And I'll have my eyes peeled for your posts as well. (:

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

HellO!

Comment

Welcome here.

Comment

Montana is BEAUTIFUL! I used to drive over for long weekends.

One of my many Montana memories was coming into Helena at dusk. “What is that sound? Is it...bagpipes?!?....It Is! It IS Bagpipes!!!”
                          There was a young person practicing the bagpipes in an empty parking lot.
                          That memory always makes me Smile!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dogma View Post
                            Montana is BEAUTIFUL! I used to drive over for long weekends.

One of my many Montana memories was coming into Helena at dusk. “What is that sound? Is it...bagpipes?!?....It Is! It IS Bagpipes!!!”
                            There was a young person practicing the bagpipes in an empty parking lot.
                            That memory always makes me Smile!!!
                            LOL I love that!! Thanks for the smile for sharing that golden nugget.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Working...
                              X