Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from IL

Hi Everyone,
    My name is Sheri, and I live in Southern IL across the river from St. Louis, MO. I graduated from grooming school in November of 1996 so I've been grooming for about 10 years now. I have a grooming salon in my home and groom by myself so having other groomers to talk to in a forum such as this means a lot to me.
    The user name I chose and photo I've uploaded are in loving memory of my Lhasa, Cosette, who passed away in May 2006 after surviving bone cancer for 7 of her 12 years. She was the love of my life, and I still miss her so much.
    I'm looking forward to participating and getting to know other members!

Hi Sheri, Cosette looks like a kindred spirit to me:-) Welcome.

Comment

Hello, and welcome. You'll find this a very addicting site. Sorry about your dog. My dog passed away from a very bad reaction he had from a rabies vaccination. You'll find lots of info and friends here.

Comment

Hey Chickie-chick!! Sheri, you are TOO modest. Are you not also an ISCC DT?? Hmmmm?? Come clean with us Girlfriend For those who never had the good fortune to meet Cosette she was quite the little lady. She would sit in classes at trade shows and pay *very* close attention to the speakers just like she was taking mental notes. And this is one Lhasa that I never saw act like some Lhasas can. She was every inch a lady
        Last edited by bow_wow_wheels; 01-24-07, 02:46 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Ferret,
          I'm sorry to read the sad news about your dog too. My cat, Chloe, was diagnosed about 6 years ago with Vaccine Associated Sarcoma caused by a rabies vaccine. She had a 5 1/2 year remission following surgery, but sadly, she now has a new VAS tumor. She's 15 years old, and the tumor is located close to her spine so I've decided to not put her through any aggressive treatments. I'm just treasuring every day I have left with her. My heart goes out to you, because I know how much it hurts to find out that something we did to protect our pets' health instead caused their death. (((HUGS)))

Patty,
          It's so great to see a familiar name! Yes, I did finish my ISCC DermaTech so thanks for reminding me of that!

Sheri

Comment

From another IL groomer, welcome!!

Comment

Cosette, we're practically neighbors. I'm in the Carbondale/Murphysboro area.

Comment

Hi Helly,
                You're about 150 miles further South. I live close to SIU-Edwardsville instead of SIU-Carbondale. On the World Wide Web though, that's close enough to call ourselves neighbors.
                Sheri

Comment

Hi Cosette,

I'm practically a neighbor too being in Wisconsin and all. OK that's a stretch but a warm welcome from up north!

Comment

Working...
                  X