No work for me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No work for me...

My Dr said. I have develooed a cough, brain fog and my chest feels heavy. Temp was at 100.4 last I checked.

Dr said I have to be fever free for 24 hours before returning to work. If I become short of breath or tempurature get's to 105 I am to call the hosital and tell them I am coming. :s
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

Hope you'll be OK. Lots of rest and fluids.
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Feel better soon!
      It sounds like taking the entire week off would be a better, safer idea for you.

Comment

I may be taking off longer than that Emma, and the rest of us too. My boss texted later to say she found out that we were being declassified as an essential busniss and may be closing on Sunday. I'm not sure where she heard/read that. Does anyone else have confirmation for this in NYS?
        Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Hope you feel better really soon. Just lay out and relax about it all. NF I heard about NYC far more strict but not state.

Comment

Nys is allowing only grooming businesses that are singke proprietors and operators to remain open.
            <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Feeling better. Temp back to normal. I also slept for around 14 hours. I think my body was just telling me I needed a break and time to just reset. Kind of a psyhosamatic thing.

Parti is right. You can fill out a request form to be considered essential. I'm going to talk to my boss tomorrow and see if that is an option. The next thing is to see if you can finagle a way we are 1 person. We use Gingr so reception can technically operate from home. We have a large fenced in front yard. We could maybe have 1 groomer work a day and have clients drop off and pick up in the fenced yard for social distancing.

Hopefully my boss will go for it as I'm sure we all can use the income. The other problem is if they need to have a staff member on for boarding dogs the answer maybe no as that would be the one person.

My friend works at a paint factory and they have not shuy down as they are considerd essential somehow? Found this link explaining what NYS considers essential.

https://esd.ny.gov/guidance-executive-order-2026
              Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
                Nys is allowing only grooming businesses that are singke proprietors and operators to remain open.
                Smart. If I were corp I would have cut the staff to make it look less socially cramped.

Comment

Originally posted by Naturally Furry View Post
                  Feeling better. Temp back to normal. I also slept for around 14 hours. I think my body was just telling me I needed a break and time to just reset. Kind of a psyhosamatic thing.

Parti is right. You can fill out a request form to be considered essential. I'm going to talk to my boss tomorrow and see if that is an option. The next thing is to see if you can finagle a way we are 1 person. We use Gingr so reception can technically operate from home. We have a large fenced in front yard. We could maybe have 1 groomer work a day and have clients drop off and pick up in the fenced yard for social distancing.

Hopefully my boss will go for it as I'm sure we all can use the income. The other problem is if they need to have a staff member on for boarding dogs the answer maybe no as that would be the one person.

My friend works at a paint factory and they have not shuy down as they are considerd essential somehow? Found this link explaining what NYS considers essential.

https://esd.ny.gov/guidance-executive-order-2026

Comment

So we ARE staying open. We did get the approval to be considered an essential business from NYS for boarding/daycare as we have clients that are nurses/first responders etc, and need someone to take care of their pet's while at work. We are still waiting to hear on if the grooming department will be included. We are going to continue to offer groomer services until we hear otherwise with limited hours and days and no contact drop off/pick ups.

My boss informed me today that I will work 3 days a week from 8-4pm and I'll do roughly 7 dogs depending on what is scheduled.

I hope others are able to work something out as well and be able to continue to offer services in a safe manner. Thoughts are with you Tom! I hope you are able to figure something out to stay afloat.
                    Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                    X