Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Green Deal

Hello!
    I have been considering getting a new van, but have decided to put it off for awhile. The reason is that I feel like we are on a precipice right now regarding the availability and affordability of electric vehicles and super batteries. An electric Ford Transit is already in the works, and I suspect that there will soon be subsidies to incentivize businesses to get more green. I know there are some really strong Tesla batteries and such out there that have been too expensive to be practical, but I am otherwise not very informed. I am curious in hearing from those of you who are really smart and informed on power supply options: What do you envision a green grooming van setup would look like, should some of the more advanced options become more widely available and affordable?

I am not even mobile but I had a Tesla car and follow some of their projects. Notice that Amazon did its own electric vans, Tesla has stayed but like you said Ford is really going that route. I don't think it is going to overall change the layouts too much since vans are kinda open and boxy hopefully. Efficiency looks to improve, better batteries, better tech features, but grooming we still need the same equipment. Charging is going to be an issue.

I hear that most of us with electric vehicle say for grooming, what about charging. Will you have to go to a supercharger center every day. Apparently you cannot fully charge your van overnight at your home if you use up your charge daily. That needs to change. I don't think I want to get in line and charge daily at a supercharge location and that alone can be way from your home.

Comment

My husband is pausing too. We just want a mobile camper van and when he heard the Transit was coming, we are looking to wait now. It is a big investment. We keep watching with what Tesla is doing with the pickup truck reinvention and that looks well different. But vans have to be like said here boxy and even camper vans.

Comment

We don't have any charge centers here, too early I guess.

Comment

I hadn’t considered the time to charge. For me, it is probably fine, as I only service my own town. I put a max of 30 miles a day on my van. Which is a great situation for me, except that I have a diesel Sprinter, and it does not like the situation at all.
          If the vehicle is electric, does that mean there is no way to charge the batteries on your inverter system via driving? I know that typically needs a combustion engine, but I also know that hybrids like the Prius can create energy by braking...
          I have a Hanvey, but I prefer to plug in. I use a portable Honda generator if I need to, as I prefer to avoid idling. I guess I was hopeful we’d see some advancements in how we obtain power for our equipment. I suppose a super Tesla battery would take too long to charge anyway.

Comment

It is my understanding no charging or no significant charging while driving. And then charging overnight doesn't always at home when you were low already.

Comment

Originally posted by nelliegroomer View Post
              Hello!
              I have been considering getting a new van, but have decided to put it off for awhile. The reason is that I feel like we are on a precipice right now regarding the availability and affordability of electric vehicles and super batteries. An electric Ford Transit is already in the works, and I suspect that there will soon be subsidies to incentivize businesses to get more green. I know there are some really strong Tesla batteries and such out there that have been too expensive to be practical, but I am otherwise not very informed. I am curious in hearing from those of you who are really smart and informed on power supply options: What do you envision a green grooming van setup would look like, should some of the more advanced options become more widely available and affordable?
              I would hold for the transit, even a Ford Mustang e car is out now.

Comment

I went ahead this year to get my first van. Maybe you can go to Ford and getter better idea. I saw that about the new Mustang too. So must be getting close.

Comment

We want a camper van and are waiting to buy electric model.

Comment

Working...
                  X