X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10muddypaws
    replied
    Originally posted by petstimes2 View Post
    I think Tin Man since this is a backup for you why get batteries inverter at this point. I would find an economical genie.
    My thoughts too.

Leave a comment:

• petstimes2
    replied
    I think Tin Man since this is a backup for you why get batteries inverter at this point. I would find an economical genie.

Leave a comment:

• cockerlvr
    replied
    My husband had one in his trailer in addition to the generator. He only carried two batteries and it was enough to do everything but dry and of course AC.The gal that bought it JUST had to replace the batteries this year (five years in).

I go through batteries faster because I dry with the k9 II. I use it on five-seven dogs (usually five) five days a week and replace my five battery bank about every two years. Roughly 1700 for the five batts. Inverter is still going strong three years in this rig. My old inverter in my rig I sold is still working and that's been eight years. I'm not sure why Tom doesn't get longer use out of his, maybe employees not paying attention to power usage or something? I've had great luck with an inverter system.

Leave a comment:

• IrishSetterTom
    replied
    No, I will not put a inverter system in my trailer due to battery weight.

I found from experience running an inverter was a big waste of money especially in warm climates where you need AC most days which WILL NOT RUN OFF AN INVERTER SYSTEM.. PERIOD..

We had our k911 on the inverter with 4 batteries and were able to dry 3 maybe 4 dogs. Then it was dead. The only thing it came in handy was keeping lights on, table powered, water heated so you can drive while making hot water.

Until there's a battery breakthrough in tech and its affordable, I'm sticking to a gas generator. All the endless power i need using a few gallons per day. I run 600 dollar units compared to several thousand for inverter system which requires battery bank replacement every year or 2.

Leave a comment:

• Tin Man
    started a topic Inverters and trailers

Inverters and trailers

Tom do you have any inverter in your trailer? Anyone else? Any insights about this would be appreciated.
Working...
X