Unsolvable problem? Inverter won't charge at all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsolvable problem? Inverter won't charge at all

Hi there Mobilers! I have a seemingly unsolvable problem, been going on for almost 3 months, Engineer, Inverter Company and multiple mechanics cannot seem to figure out the problem. My batteries aren't charging off of the alternator. Any time I turn on the dryer or anything else, I'm draining.I have to shoreline to groom everyone. I have a 2006 Dodge Sprinter, 3rd owner, I work part time for the 4 years I've had it.
    Alternator checked
    Engine battery checked
    Solenoid replaced
    Fuse holder replaced
    Breakers checked
    Inverter checked
    Inverter battery connections cleaned, distilled water filled and checked
    Grounding cable and bolt checked
    I'm really at my wits end and anyone shedding any light on this would be so appreciated. Im very pregnant too and plugging in in the winter with ice and snow has been an extra pain. What am I missing here???

So is this a sprinter that you run while grooming? So it acts as a generator basically?

Comment

Yes I idle the entire time I groom, no generator, it's a diesel run Sprinter

Comment

Have you had the batteries tested to make sure they aren't bad? Battery life isn't forever. At some point they stop charging.

Comment

My guess too is the batteries.

Comment

We have solar in hour home and bad batteries would do this.

Comment

Thank you all! I haven't found anyone yet that knows the first thing about the batteries. Supposedly they were new when I got them and engineer says they shouldn't be worn yet, but you never know, now on a quest to find someone that's willing to work on that part lol thanks again

Comment

Batteries plus will test them if you have one near you

Comment

Battery testers can be bought pretty cheap too. They come with a chart for "state of the charge" and anything less than 50% is bad usually.

Comment

If the batteries were left for a long time in a discharged state before you purchased the van they maybe damaged. It will look like they charge up to full abnormally fast but hold little power and run out fast. You should jeep them on a charge maintainer when storing for long periods of inactivity. Some chargers have this built in as a feature but you still have to leave it plugged in for it to work. It doesn't draw a lot of power in that mode.

Comment

Working...
                    X