I am in need of a groomers assistant/ bather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am in need of a groomers assistant/ bather

So I have the mobile since October and I am currently in need of assistance from a bather or groomer assistant. What would be a good pay? Do I pay hourly or a set salary ? I also want to pay them off the book. how would I go about doing this? How do I check driving records as well? In need of help

Well as soon as you said "off the book", you will probably not have any help.

Comment

Thank you Moses. It is a crime to pay off the books. Don't get yourself into trouble. You can check with your local DMV about driving records for employment. You may continue to ask for assistance but we will not post any assistance supporting paying off the books. It makes no sense to risk your business doing so.
      Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

Comment

Why would you take an assistant along in a van and have to pay part of your service dollars when in reality there's no way they are speeding you up and making you more productive. There's 1 tub, 1 table and usually 1 dryer.
        What will happen is they will wash and dry and you will sit in the front seat playing with your phone till the clipper work begins.
        If you decide to pay illegally then it's for you to decide a pay rate. We can't help you with that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe if you explain why you feel the need for an assistant we can help you figure out how to better time manage your grooming or schedule your day. As Tom said, an assistant in a van is a bit silly.

Comment

Like I said this is my first time doing this and I've worked off the books so many years I've had no idea that it was even illegal. Can I do like as an independent ? I would like like the help because I have a lot of big dogs and I have a lot of customers that have multiple dogs

Comment

If you're not paying taxes now on your own income, you might want to hold off on hiring anyone. Taxes take about 30% of income, at least for self-employed people in certain states. So when you start paying your taxes, you might find you don't have enough money to hire anyone. So I'd get my own tax situation figured out before trying to hire someone else.

Originally posted by Aarroyo306 View Post
              Like I said this is my first time doing this and I've worked off the books so many years I've had no idea that it was even illegal. Can I do like as an independent ? I would like like the help because I have a lot of big dogs and I have a lot of customers that have multiple dogs

Comment

The advantage of being a mobile groomer is groom less dogs per day as a shop groomer and make more money. My mobile groomers work alone and we have many multiple dog houses. It's not a problem.
                If you can't do big dogs then don't have big dog clients anymore. I know groomers who do not groom large dogs in mobile. Also if you are getting too busy consider another van.

In the past I had 2 people work in a van when one of our vans was down and it seemed like they did not get more work done and they both were on each other's nerves by the end if the week working on top of each other in a small space.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Aarroyo306 View Post
                  When you work off the books you actually owe WAY MORE taxes. Since the employer didn't pay in taxes as they don't with independents the governments expects you to pay taxes as an independent, and that means you must file a long form 1040, Schedule SE and Schedule C each year. SE is for self-employment. Independents (legal or not) actually make less money than employees where both earn say 50% commission, because employers help carry some of the burden of taxes, such as paying half the Fica/Medicare payroll taxes. So working off the books you are evading taxes, and not even paid self-employment rates. There is a lot here to search on independents, but realize you will have a much larger tax burden than being a W-2 employee.

Comment

Working...
                  X