First week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First week

My first full week since getting the Van Thursday last week, is going great. I've had 25 appointments this week and I'm booking pretty good for next week and most of my clients have prebooked. I couldn't be happier.

People love the name of my business and my van is getting a lots of attention. Yesterday I just finished a lion cut on a cat and was getting to leave to move 3 minutes away to my next client when this sweet old lady stopped her car and trying to get out to come to me. I recognized her as a client from the shop and walked over to talk and she was happy to see me and asked if I have time to groom Leo her Devon Rex cat, she just lived a few houses down from the first cat client, so went and did the Yorkie and returned to do Leo. Easy money, I love it.

I'm so happy I made this jump. listening to Neil Diamond channel on SiriusXM, relaxed, it just couldn't get better.

The only thing causing me any stress is the number of texts, VM's, emails and PM's on Facebook. I was taken a bit off guard by it all.

Scott.

I'm so happy for you!!!

Comment

Great !

Comment

Wonderful Scott, I am very happy for you!!!!
        It takes a while to get used to the VM, texts & emails....just make sure you say you will get back as soon as you safely can, then go thru them in order recieved (I dont normally answer my phone if real busy, just get back with them when I can,.same day of course) Before long you will be prebooked out and the VM, texts & emails will slow to a more keep up with pace.
        Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

So happy for you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats all the way around.

Comment

I'm so happy for you! You did a gal's dog I met through "It's the Pits". Her dog is Zoey! Nice job . You should do this professionally hahahaha. It kind of becomes a small world sometimes. Now, if you'd kindly go to Massage Envy in Murrietta, slap a 2nd cousin once removed and tell her I want my pictures of my grandma and my mom that's she's had forever, in a box, sitting in a shed.. I'd be most grateful.

Serious.. it's so frustrating, then she left FB and I have no way of getting a hold of her. My mom died 50 yrs ago this June and I just want some photos of her as a child.. is that too much to ask.. give a daughter some pics of her mother???

Anyway continued success, Scott!
              Debbie
              There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Comment

Glad to hear! Each one of your posts is happier than the last. Starts MY day with a huge smile!

Comment

Originally posted by daesue View Post
                  I'm so happy for you! You did a gal's dog I met through "It's the Pits". Her dog is Zoey! Nice job . You should do this professionally hahahaha. It kind of becomes a small world sometimes
                  I've been Zoey since she was a puppy. She is much more relaxed now that she is older.

It is a small world.

Scott

Comment

Scott you are leading my way! I get to go mobile later this year, you are an inspiration.

Comment

Originally posted by TootsiePie View Post
                      Scott you are leading my way! I get to go mobile later this year, you are an inspiration.
                      Thank you TootsiePie. This has been the best thing I've ever done. All my fears have vanished. I was booked up my first week, I have maybe 1 or 2 openings left this week and already have 2/3's of next week booked. I'm so grateful for all my clients that are seeking me out and following me.

Scott

Comment

Thats awesome! Good for you! I have friends that are mobile that are constantly telling me how strangers are constantly stopping them and asking about their van and what they do. Best advertisement ever! Pretty soon you'll be so busy with the mobile you will have to invest in another van to accommodate all the demand for your services! Keep up the good work.
                        It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
                        Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Way to go Scott would love to see pictures inside.

Comment

So happy for you Scott. I think it is great you are sharing here, it is the real thing.

Are you getting many to prebook? Won't be long until they must and you have to limit clientele, well that is my wish for you. It happens to some single mobilers. I am not quite there but pretty close.

Comment

Originally posted by BengalCatGuy View Post
                              The only thing causing me any stress is the number of texts, VM's, emails and PM's on Facebook. I was taken a bit off guard by it all.
                              Congrats Scott! It's good to hear that things are so much better than expected. I felt the same things you voice.

I am also having the same trouble keeping up with all the client contact. What I did that helps some is create a VM message that says I do not answer the phone while grooming or driving, and that I will return calls and texts either on my next break (there aren't any really), or after I am done grooming for the day. Not one person has been upset by that, yet. Texts are harder to deal with, as I have existing clients that want to check my schedule or have questions. I ignore them until I have the time to answer. Because I have BlueTooth in the van, sometimes I do answer while driving and talk to the person and if they want to book, I explain that I'm driving and will call them when I finish for the day to set the appointment and gather their pertinent details. No one has been upset by that either.

The one caveat is that sometimes if you don't answer your phone, a person who is shopping around will contact someone else and book with them. That's just the way it goes though, there's plenty more.

Another thing is that when I started, I tried not to take appointments for same day, even if I had the time. I would tell them I was booked, but had a cancellation for XXX, whenever my next opening was. This trains them not to expect to call and get a same day appointment. I can't remember if I learned that from Judy Hudson or the WnT videos, but that has worked really well. I have clients that have ever-changing schedules and don't want to be on a fixed schedule. They call and want me to fit them in the next day or two. Once they have to wait a week or 10 days to get their pups done once or twice, they learn they need to get on a fixed schedule. The ones that still won't have been told that the day will be coming soon that the schedule will be full and they will have difficulty getting an appointment.

Comment

Working...
                              X