Need Hiring Groomer Advance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Hiring Groomer Advance.

After 5 months into My Mobile Grooming business I'm finding I need to hire a part time groomer.
    So that means I will have a full time groomer and a Part time Groomer. We are getting too far booked out and we are loosing customers because people want us to groom their dogs sooner then we can provide.
    My current groomer works Monday - Friday and two Saturdays a Month. I give her a day off during the week if she is working the Saturday. I don't want her working 6 days a week.

Its a challenge to find someone to work weekends, early evening hours and be a backup groomer to my full time groomer.

I'm looking at adding a second truck and trailer to my operation by summer.

Anyway. I have been advertising the Job Opening on Facebook, Craigs List, and Pet Grooming forum without any luck. I don't want to pay a lot to advertise on Job Boards.
    Any advise to hiring a part time to fit my needs? What Low cost or free job boards should I be using.

I'm almost wanting to hire a bather for the brush and baths request to work weekends and evenings so that frees up my Full time groomer to take on more clients.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Are located in North San Diego?

Comment

I have been at this 9 yrs and still to this day have a hard time hiring mobile groomers. Luckily I have 4 solid groomers but cannot after 1 yr find another to work when the others are off. So I always have a van sitting extra 3 days a week. Seems like groomers prefer shops unless it's their own van

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by poodlecsigreen View Post
        Are located in North San Diego?
        No I'm in east valley Arizona

Comment

What about posting at local grooming schools. New groomers may love those types of hours.

Comment

Hi im Agatha from Philippines im looking for job as pet groomer

Comment

Originally posted by agabarreda38 View Post
              Hi im Agatha from Philippines im looking for job as pet groomer
              I hope your in Arizona and have experience. I need you.

Comment

You have to take into account a new out of school groomer is not ready to be alone in a van and also keep to a schedule where the van can be productive. A mobile groomer should do an average shih in 1 hour and be driving off. My groomers do 7 to 9 per day and drive 50 plus miles

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X