Do I have to get a recirc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have to get a recirc?

I'm not really interested in recirculating dirty water on the dog. Any other ways that worked for you? A pet sprayer that attaches to a faucet maybe?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

It's a myth that a recirculating system puts dirty water back on the dog. There's research on bathing systems and how shampoo molecules encapsulate and suspend dirt and does not redeposit it back onto the animal, just like a clothes washer does not either. Once you rinse the shampoo, the animal is clean, nothing left behind.

Now, very dirty dogs, I do 2x because the water is visibly dark and dirty. But there's no better way to thoroughly wash a dog. Scrubbing by hand does not even come close to a bathing system on a big hairy shepherd or husky. And best of all, it conserves water and shampoo.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
      It's a myth that a recirculating system puts dirty water back on the dog. There's research on bathing systems and how shampoo molecules encapsulate and suspend dirt and does not redeposit it back onto the animal, just like a clothes washer does not either. Once you rinse the shampoo, the animal is clean, nothing left behind.

Now, very dirty dogs, I do 2x because the water is visibly dark and dirty. But there's no better way to thoroughly wash a dog. Scrubbing by hand does not even come close to a bathing system on a big hairy shepherd or husky. And best of all, it conserves water and shampoo.
      ^This^

Just curious if you use a dishwasher to wash your dishes. Exactly the same concept.

Comment

Agree with both.

Comment

I learned to groom in a place where we didn't have a recirc. For many years, groomers groomed without them. Personally, I think they make life easier for groomers, but historically, groomers were able to successfully groom dogs without them.

Comment

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
            I learned to groom in a place where we didn't have a recirc. For many years, groomers groomed without them. Personally, I think they make life easier for groomers, but historically, groomers were able to successfully groom dogs without them.

Depends on your definition of successful. Sure you could get it done, most likely in quadruple the time it would take with a recirc and HV.

I am a groomer that worked in the day of hand washing and no HV dryers. I wouldn't go back to that for anything. Well, maybe if people were paying me a grand to groom a Malamute.

Comment

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
              It's true, you can survive without a bathing system. One of my vans does not have one. I push my groomers to use it in my shop but to no success. They are old school. They are there with their shampoo bottles and Zoom groom brushes trying to get into a thick double coat. I have seen the results vs. when I use the system. My dogs are cleaner and fluffier and no hand scrubbing.

Comment

Well we dont use one at my job either. We just use a good sprayer with adjustable water pressure, and it usually gets down to the skin well if you do it right

Comment

Originally posted by huskylover103 View Post
                  Well we dont use one at my job either. We just use a good sprayer with adjustable water pressure, and it usually gets down to the skin well if you do it right

Usually gets down to the skin if you do it right huh? Better get ALWAYS get down to the skin to bath correctly.
                  Now I don't use a recirc....but I don't do big hairys anymore....if I did I WOULD have a recirc. I use a high pressure, adjustable spray pressure head (5.99 at lowes, same as I use in my shower, have since I lived in a travel trlr and had limited water) it is attached to a SS shower hose.
                  This is in the mobile section....are you mobile?.....recirc also conserves water.
                  Last edited by Cyn; 11-24-16, 02:29 PM.
                  Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Originally posted by huskylover103 View Post

Dang double post!

Comment

I set up a recirculation system for under 100 bucks. No need to spend 500 on a pro system. I only use it on bigger coated dogs. Not worth it for every little groom dog.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
                        I set up a recirculation system for under 100 bucks. No need to spend 500 on a pro system. I only use it on bigger coated dogs. Not worth it for every little groom dog.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
                        Agreed on both counts. Not worth it on my weekly/biweekly or even every other month groom dogs, but big hairies, super dirty dogs, or pelt matted dogs get the recirc.

Comment

Sounds to me like HuskyLover is on a tight budget.

HuskyLover....buy the best equipment you can afford at this time. Upgrade as you go. You can certainly groom with a low grade dryer and no recir. Us old timers did that for years. Before this stuff was even invented.

I saved up my tips and let my client "buy" my upgrades for me. Or, you can set aside a small portion of each groom to go towards upgrades.

You'll do fine.

Comment

Originally posted by dogma View Post
                            Sounds to me like HuskyLover is on a tight budget.

HuskyLover....buy the best equipment you can afford at this time. Upgrade as you go. You can certainly groom with a low grade dryer and no recir. Us old timers did that for years. Before this stuff was even invented.

I saved up my tips and let my client "buy" my upgrades for me. Or, you can set aside a small portion of each groom to go towards upgrades.

You'll do fine.
                            And some of us "old timers" don't want her to waste time and money and hurt her body with a cheap dryer, we used them because that's ALL WE HAD!
                            Recirc.....that can wait or do a diy for a 100 beans. But the dogs MUST get wet to the skin EVERY bath, to be properly bathed.

Comment

Yes you have to, and you will not regret it. Just think. When you hand wash you are rubbing the dirt around eewwww gross.. Just kidding! It's the same with recirc. You are allowing the unused ionic surfactants a chance to attach oil and dirt, surround them creating micelles and pull towards water. It actually " water brushes" them, and saves on water/ product. Now the only thing I do not do is pump product right in tub. It doesn't work for me. I still put in bottle( or apply mixed product with my sav it fur system) and apply to dirtiest areas then recirc through. I have hard minerally water. I always so two washes. Some of my best dematting tricks are with recirc. So if your a secret weapon user try this: add.5 ml hypnotic to one liter bottle water, apply and recirc through dog. On bigger hairy beast use up to 5 ml concentrate hypnotic to water and recirc through. Mats/ undercoat slide right out.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X