Best HV Dryer for under $100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best HV Dryer for under $100?

Ive seen some that are byween 60 and 80, but is 2 HP enough to dry a thick coat?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Not imho! Don't scrimp on a good dryer!! Most on here use the K9 dryers and I prefer and use a dual motor DoubleK. A good dryer will pay for its self in shortening your drying time very quickly and as long as you keep the brushes changed in it, it will last yrs & yrs & yrs.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Yes, agree. Your dryer is your time saver-money maker. A weaker dryer will make the drying process slower and not have the airflow to blow undercoat.

Comment

Right there with Cyn and Tom. Paid a lot of money for a dryer, but it doesn't have the power to really get after the shedders and takes far too long to dry most dogs. Save and get the power!

Comment

What everyone else said

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Not even close. I remember using one of the orange dryers with 4hp and it wasn't even close to adequate, so 2HP would be like blowing on the dog with a hand held fan. Don't waste your money.

Maybe if you are grooming short haired Chi's all day.

There isn't going to be a decent HV for under 100$

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
              Not even close. I remember using one of the orange dryers with 4hp and it wasn't even close to adequate, so 2HP would be like blowing on the dog with a hand held fan. Don't waste your money.

Maybe if you are grooming short haired Chi's all day.

There isn't going to be a decent HV for under 100$
              ^^^^THIS^^^^
              Had 3 of those lil orange dryers, they all sucked..but back then we didn't have much choice except for a stand dryer (I still consider a stand dryer essential though for proper finish drying)
              I only located two for under 100$.... both were lil bitty metros....1 was only 1.75 HP.
              Time is money in this profession.
              Cyn
              Best in Show Member & Club 10,000
              Last edited by Cyn; 11-24-16, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
                ^^^^THIS^^^^
                Had 3 of those lil orange dryers, they all sucked..but back then we didn't have much choice except for a stand dryer (I still consider a stand dryer essential though for proper finish drying)
                I only located two for under 100$.... both were lil bitty metros....1 was only 1.75 HP.
                Time is money in this profession.
                Thanks everyone for your responses! So what HP should I look for? And I should stick with dual motor?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Just looked Double K is running a nice Black Fri, Cyper Monday sale with free shipping as well.

Comment

Where is that Cyn? They don't sell at their website???

Comment

Doublekdryer.com....yes they sell on their Web site, just did a cart load then deleted it to make sure.

Comment

Doublekdryer.com....yes they sell on their Web site, just did a cart load then deleted it to make sure.
                        OK got it. Thanks. P.S. that is a distributor, not the corporate. I went to corp site. Works for me. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by 10muddypaws View Post
                          OK got it. Thanks. P.S. that is a distributor, not the corporate. I went to corp site. Works for me. Thanks again.
                          Lol, yea I bet they don't sell on corp site. You are most welcome.
                          I have had my dual motor DoubleK for 8 yrs, nary a bit of trouble.

Comment

Actually there is a decent under a $100 dryer it's the go pet club one on amazon I started out with it and still use often. A friend I know has the 2-3 hundred dollar single motor cris christianson and the one I mentioned is better it has hi/low speed and hi/low heat and another groomer friend of mine also bought one after I loaned mine to her and actually uses it more than her k9 2. But for big hairies ur def gunna want more power. I've had it over two years less than $70 bucks if it took a dump I'd def get another. The reviews speak for its performance plenty groomers gave it rave reviews also

Comment

Not imho! Don't scrimp on a good dryer!! Most on here use the K9 dryers and I prefer and use a dual motor DoubleK. A good dryer will pay for its self in shortening your drying time very quickly and as long as you keep the brushes changed in it, it will last yrs & yrs & yrs.
                              What's a good HP to start at? For my HC clients I probably won't be deshedding or blowing many undercoats out but it's nice to have that option if they want it.

Comment

Working...
                              X