Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA Mobilers Please Read and Respond

Hey everyone,

The wife and I are planning to move out to California in the beginning of the year. Have hear different things from different people about costs, taxes, being a small business owner in cali, etc. I would like to hear from anyone who is in or has worked in CA. It is just the two of us with 1 van. We are an LLC in VA. I think we might pay the state $100 or less a year and the counties get $50 each annually. I thought I read Cali takes $800 annually if you make $0-$250,000? I've heard you get fined for idling and draining water in the street? What other costs should I be aware of? Guess we'll just have to charge more for grooming.

Thanks everyone

I know of 2 members here that can help you, Uncle Dave and groomservice. Groomservice actually did exactly what you want to do. They moved from the east coast with a groom van and went to Orange County and from their posts, are doing really well.

Cal has a high cost of living, fuel right now is always over $3 gallon. Housing costs are very high. My LLC in Nevada is $325 year and local licensing is over $500 more per year. No state tax here.

It's a big state. Depends where you are going to move to that will affect your expenses.

Comment

LLC fees in CA are $800 a year. Also you are going to get hit hard on vehicle registration fees in CA.

Idling isn't a big issue unless you are making a lot of noise. Allowing water to drain into the street can possibly be an issue depending on the county and city you are in.

Scott

Comment

Right look up Groomservice's posts here, exactly what you need to know.

Comment

Working...
        X