How long did it take to get 100 regular customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long did it take to get 100 regular customers

Mobile or shop, how long? thanks. I figure I need about this many to keep my mobile busy at least 4 days a week.

I bought an existing business with about 200 clients, but it took me about 8 months to add another 100.

Comment

Well.....it all depends on your area(s) that you are going to service. If it's small town, then it's going to take longer for you to get 100 clients for mobile grooming, just because we charge double to triple the amount that a salon charges. If your area is close to a large city, then the economy is usually a little better and it seems that the people value the service/convenience more. Last June, I received 52 new client requests...... I stopped taking new clients 10 months ago, but still receive requests weekly (which I refer to other mobile groomers). I'm booked out thru next year, December 2017, which is not unusual for mobile groomers. Your best friend is the memorable logo on your van and satisfied clients who refer their friends to you.

Good Luck

Happy going mobile

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Originally posted by absolutebichon View Post
        I bought an existing business with about 200 clients, but it took me about 8 months to add another 100.
        That's very good, very quick.

Yes it depends on your geographic area, population, median household income, etc. Just about half or more new inquiries will not be able to afford mobile grooming if you are priced correctly. That's the biggest reason in takes longer to build mobile clients. You don't want clients who do not try to haggle you down on price. Figure about a full year to build a mobile book. That's counting on you being a good groomer, delivering excellent customer service on phone and in person, showing up on time and rebooking the client for 4 to 6 weeks out.
        IrishSetterTom
        Champion Member & Club 1,000
        Last edited by IrishSetterTom; 11-10-16, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X