Average gallons of water per dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Average gallons of water per dog

How many gallons of fresh water do you use a day?

I guess I don't know exactly, but I have a 50 gallon tank and it lasts me for between 5-7 dogs on average. I usually have some left over after five, and pretty thoroughly drain it with seven. Though, like the other day when I stupidly booked four of the dirtiest dogs I groom, I took hubs' trailer and used almost 100 gallons.

Comment

I've done up to 11 dogs with 50 gallons. Three of them were Yorkies. But there were also three medium to large doodles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Most mobile groomers learn to work with the 50 gallons that most pro built vans come with. After 8 years in business, only a handful of times a groomer had to top off water near the end of the day. You should be able to do 6 to 9 or more mixed sizes of breeds. But a big dirty hairy dog can consume 20 gallons. I did 2 big dirty Goldens and used 2/3 of my water one day.

You have to learn how to wash using the recirculation system to save water and how to rinse quickly and rarely use conditioner. We use spray on conditioners to help conserve water.

Comment

I condition every dog and I don't use a recirculator. Those big hairy dirty ones will empty your tank fast, though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X