Wag n Tails Battery bank question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wag n Tails Battery bank question

I have a 2016 wag n tails sprinter and had the following question to anyone who is familiar with this van's battery bank:
    Assuming the batteries are full,, If I plug in a 200watt small electric heater in the back of the van, would it last 9 hours of use (everything else would be turned off).
    I really appreciate your thoughts.

Not familiar with this set up but I've never seen a 200 watt space heater. I have a tiny one and it's 1500. Heck a hair dryer is 1600 or more.

If this is for keeping the back warm overnight why not just plug it in? The inverter batteries probably will be drained down by morning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

You need to talk to Wag'n Tails ........

Happy talking to Jami

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Jamie will tell you not to plug in. I use a 1500 watt heater. I picked this up from someone else after I spent slot of money on propane. Make sure nothing is in its way. Safety is key.

Comment

I would run a seperate line out if you must for the heater, you will take a lot of life out of those batteries over time doing that - and they are 800 bones a piece to replace. I know cause I'm about to replace mine.

Comment

I have both an inverter system and gen on my 2011 Pro. I mentioned to Jami that I had a portable heater inside the van, and used it while grooming (not overnight), hoping to save on the propane gas for the furnace. He quickly told me that I would be ruining my batteries, due to the amount of "juice" it would take. So in less they have changed batteries, you are damaging your inverter system, but you really need to talk to Jami at WGT.

Happy not running your heater

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Doesn't matter if it's a Wagn Tails inverter system or one that I built for my newest van, a space heater running all night off the batteries will drain them down. These heaters are like your K9 dryer running nonstop. You may get a couple hours or less before the inverter shuts down.

If this van is parked with no access to a shoreline plug, then you really are out of options. I doubt you will have a problem with the winter cold in most cases. These vans have a strong propane furnace and water heater and get things warmed up quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by petagreespa View Post
                I would run a seperate line out if you must for the heater, you will take a lot of life out of those batteries over time doing that - and they are 800 bones a piece to replace. I know cause I'm about to replace mine.
                Actually verified today the price on these batteries is 451.00 a piece from my provider here in Phoenix, a lot lower than I was originally told (800 being more of a high retail price)

Comment

Originally posted by petagreespa View Post
                  Actually verified today the price on these batteries is 451.00 a piece from my provider here in Phoenix, a lot lower than I was originally told (800 being more of a high retail price)
                  Curious, how much life did you get out of your batteries and do you have a refrigerator in your unit.

UD

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dave View Post
                    Curious, how much life did you get out of your batteries and do you have a refrigerator in your unit.

UD
                    No fridge, the unit is a 2008. This will be the first inverter battery change out. Put on about 1000 hrs a year on these 2 batteries.

Comment

Working...
                    X