New custom tub arrived...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New custom tub arrived...

We believe we addressed several of the shortcomings in available mobile tubs.

Completely unique moveable restraint system.

Dual drain
    Water control mounted upper right side (out of way of dogs hitting it)
    All corners under pressure are bent - not welded so there is no seam on the bottom edge to crack or rust and crack and regardless of the weight of animal.
    The weld is above the water line
    Removable entry door for large animals stores by hanging flush on unit.
    Marine grade welds and t304 steel
    Hatch to back of van

Coming along now...

UD
    Attached Files

Wow! That's nice Dave! Looks very well-engineered. I'm so excited for you and your better half!

Comment

It looks very similar to WGT's tubs.....could you not have ordered one from them ?

Happy scrubbing

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
        It looks very similar to WGT's tubs.....could you not have ordered one from them ?

Happy scrubbing

I'm guessing you didn't read what makes it different?

Comment

To perhaps be clearer....

The whole list isn't exclusive per feature, but the combination of features in one tub is.

It shares some features with WGT and Forever, and has some totally unique features.

UD

Comment

do you have a photo of the finished interior? looks nice!! just wondering if its going to be a lot of bending over for the groomer!

may i ask how much this custom tub set you back?

thanks!!

L

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
              I'm guessing you didn't read what makes it different?
              Yeah, I did......other than a front door, which isn't needed in a WGT due to the table has a tray for the large dogs to walk into the tub, the tubs are similar. You might have been able to customize a WGT tub and not have to reinvent all of the other "features" that WGT tubs have.

What difference did you take on this ?

Happy "reinventing"

Comment

Yeah, I did......other than a front door, which isn't needed in a WGT due to the table has a tray for the large dogs to walk into the tub, the tubs are similar. You might have been able to customize a WGT tub and not have to reinvent all of the other "features" that WGT tubs have.

What difference did you take on this ?

Happy "reinventing"

Actually we've had nothing but trouble with WGT's "walk the plank" -big dog strategy in our experience its a poorly through out strategy in 2 particular areas.

- from height issues, when you use arms large enough for a big dog then the table (even ones that came with it) it wont go high enough without the arms striking the ceiling and the narrow little " bridge" pull out becomes useless.
                - the dog knows they are several feet in the air and they are simply reticent to walk across the little pull out bridge on the table and we've even had a slip where the wife had to catch the dog from falling.

In retrospect it goes down as a good idea that works well on paper, but didn't function well for us in real life.

In our experience walking the dog up from the floor is both easier to convince the dog to do, and safer for the animal and the groomer.

I don't believe WGT offers their tub for sale. We do like their table quite a bit (aside from the little bridge concept)

Additionally the pan & weld scheme is different, the restraint system is improved, the water location is different.

To my mind we didn't "reinvent" anything but we looked at what we liked and disliked about many prior tubs both mobil and at the shop and "tweaked them" to make them better.

Could we have gotten WGT to modify their tub? Doubtful, we've experienced a take it or leave it type attitude in conversations with them.
                I understand this as its difficult to deliver a product at a price point while accommodating custom requests.

UD

Comment

Originally posted by Lee View Post
                  do you have a photo of the finished interior? looks nice!! just wondering if its going to be a lot of bending over for the groomer!

may i ask how much this custom tub set you back?

thanks!!

L
                  The table will be on mounted at a height that works for the groomer. it's sitting on the floor in this pict.
                  Send me your PM and Ill shoot you some picts and a price.

UD

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dave View Post
                    Actually we've had nothing but trouble with WGT's "walk the plank" -big dog strategy in our experience its a poorly through out strategy in 2 particular areas.

- from height issues, when you use arms large enough for a big dog then the table (even ones that came with it) it wont go high enough without the arms striking the ceiling and the narrow little " bridge" pull out becomes useless.
                    - the dog knows they are several feet in the air and they are simply reticent to walk across the little pull out bridge on the table and we've even had a slip where the wife had to catch the dog from falling.

In retrospect it goes down as a good idea that works well on paper, but didn't function well for us in real life.

In our experience walking the dog up from the floor is both easier to convince the dog to do, and safer for the animal and the groomer.

I don't believe WGT offers their tub for sale. We do like their table quite a bit (aside from the little bridge concept)

Additionally the pan & weld scheme is different, the restraint system is improved, the water location is different.

To my mind we didn't "reinvent" anything but we looked at what we liked and disliked about many prior tubs both mobil and at the shop and "tweaked them" to make them better.

Could we have gotten WGT to modify their tub? Doubtful, we've experienced a take it or leave it type attitude in conversations with them.
                    I understand this as its difficult to deliver a product at a price point while accommodating custom requests.

UD
                    Dave........WGT customized my tub by putting two bathing system drains in (one on each side of tub) so that it doesn't matter which way the van is tilted, I can still save on water.

I also do large dogs and instead of taking the grooming table all the way up until the grooming arm hits the ceiling, I have the dog step over the edge of the tub, sometimes up to a 12" step up. I've never had a dog refuse or slip off the tray, however, I do put my entire left arm under the dog and hug them all the way into the tub.

All-in-all, your tub looks very professional, well made, and will serve you well. Who knows, you may get some orders for your tub and have a secondary business.

Good Luck

Happy tub making

Comment

Dave........WGT customized my tub by putting two bathing system drains in (one on each side of tub) so that it doesn't matter which way the van is tilted, I can still save on water.

I also do large dogs and instead of taking the grooming table all the way up until the grooming arm hits the ceiling, I have the dog step over the edge of the tub, sometimes up to a 12" step up. I've never had a dog refuse or slip off the tray, however, I do put my entire left arm under the dog and hug them all the way into the tub.

All-in-all, your tub looks very professional, well made, and will serve you well. Who knows, you may get some orders for your tub and have a secondary business.

Good Luck

Happy tub making

Hello Dolly! (I always wondered if anyone asked the Dalai Lama that. )

Our WGT drain has multi drains as well but tubs that enter from the front only have one drain in everyone I could find, or need a recessed well for the recirculator but that doesn't work great if any angles are involved.

All front entry tubs store stairs underneath the side with the door, and dont have (Dual) drains because of that.
                      We're moving to a prima system for this van so no recirculator in this one, but can punch drain recesses wherever we'd like.
                      We had the tool made to push the recess and can put drain recesses anywhere on a tub by tub basis.

Interesting to hear the gas van has the same height issue as the Sprinter with the arms - ?!?!? Makes me wonder why they still tout it as a solution.

Rather than you insuring the dog makes the gap with your physical strength - isn't it simply easier to walk the dog from the floor using a leash?
                      My wife has herniated disks and shouldering a 100LB dog isn't ideal for her.

Thanks for the compliments. It would be great given all the work put in, we'll see how it goes.

Id have FAR rather bought off the shelf but the combination of needed features simply wasnt't there.

Thanks!

Dave

Comment

Wagn tails tub has flaws. First it's not deep enough. Many tall dogs are not deeper than mid leg. Also front to back size is small. Can't really turn a large dog around well.

As for wagn tails, they are not helpful unless you are an original purchaser of their vans. They surely will not work with a potential competitor who may cut into their business

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Curious if in other the vans you can scoot the seats back far enough if you are tall.
                          The Sprinters are jammed up here.
                          We just created a one piece divider that accommodates moving the seat back further.
                          For shorter people its not an issue but for taller drivers of these wanting more leg room - its an annoyingly real problem.

Comment

I'm 511 and I have my pet products seat all the way back. I don't think these vans can be used comfortably if you are over 6 foot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

One time being short has been helpful!! YESSS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X