Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are my prices too high?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Are my prices too high?

    Let me ask the veterans of grooming if my prices are fine or too high?

    We price by weight for example just a bath on a dog from 0-25 pounds We charge 45 without cut, with haircut it's 55
    From 25-50 we charge 55 and with haircut is 65
    From 50-75 we charge 65 and with haircut 85
    From 75-100 we charge 85 and with haircut 105
    All of them include bath, ear, nails, and teeth brushed plus perfume bandana bow and everything else like anyone else
    Are my prices to high for south florida?

    Thanks guys

  • #2
    Need to confirm, you are mobile, right? You posted in mobile forum so I assume yes, but $45 or $55 can be low for mobile and perhaps way low in S FL. I would never price by weigh though, it is the coat and style selection that are of much more weight (pun intended).

    Comment


    • #3
      Yes I'm mobile and beleive We tried to go higher and all we got is "we'll let you know" , we called arround to other mobile groomers and we are about the right spot, salons are way higher and people pay with no problem.
      Might be that our van is not wraped yet and we arr getting customer off word of mouth, craiglist and friends. .
      Yesterday I quote a goldendoodle and a lab/shepard mic 55 & 65 pounds each my quote was 150 gor both and the goldendoodle was a shave and lab a brush and everything else of course and I never heard back from that person
      Originally posted by petstimes2 View Post
      Need to confirm, you are mobile, right? You posted in mobile forum so I assume yes, but $45 or $55 can be low for mobile and perhaps way low in S FL. I would never price by weigh though, it is the coat and style selection that are of much more weight (pun intended).

      Comment


      • #4
        Do you have a website?

        Comment


        • #5
          We are about $10 higher than you in every category you posted and we have a solid clientele, multiple vans booked all week. 8 years in business.

          We get many pricing calls per day and I'd say 4 out of 5 do not book probably due to prices. I know it may be tough for a new business to turn away potential clients, but do not give in to lower prices, then you are stuck honoring these prices and will resent these clients in the future when you have many full price clients.

          The small bath dog and especially if the client has just 1 single small bath dog, we charge $65 as a minimum to come out. I admit, it's not something I would pay myself for a spit shine bath in a van where you can come to my shop for $25 for the same dog. Most of our mobile is haircut clients and multiple dog houses.

          You are in So Fla? Your prices should be higher and probably 5 more than me. I'm sure there are lots of well-off seniors in those gated communities like we have here, they have the $$ for a service that comes to their doorstep and they don't have to drive and leave their pet for hours. Just be patient, they will come.

          BTW, does your van look fine? It's not one of these vans that was an ambulance or RV at one time or a window van? Image is everything for some clients.

          Comment


          • #6
            Not yet Emma
            Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
            Do you have a website?

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks Tom really nice advice, it make a lot of sense what you say, and yes we have a 2015 ford transit . I think our main priblem is not having the van with any signs (working on it) but overall we do dogs everyday but not the amount we want, I think I'm impatient.
              Thanks again Tom
              Originally posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
              We are about $10 higher than you in every category you posted and we have a solid clientele, multiple vans booked all week. 8 years in business.

              We get many pricing calls per day and I'd say 4 out of 5 do not book probably due to prices. I know it may be tough for a new business to turn away potential clients, but do not give in to lower prices, then you are stuck honoring these prices and will resent these clients in the future when you have many full price clients.

              The small bath dog and especially if the client has just 1 single small bath dog, we charge $65 as a minimum to come out. I admit, it's not something I would pay myself for a spit shine bath in a van where you can come to my shop for $25 for the same dog. Most of our mobile is haircut clients and multiple dog houses.

              You are in So Fla? Your prices should be higher and probably 5 more than me. I'm sure there are lots of well-off seniors in those gated communities like we have here, they have the $$ for a service that comes to their doorstep and they don't have to drive and leave their pet for hours. Just be patient, they will come.

              BTW, does your van look fine? It's not one of these vans that was an ambulance or RV at one time or a window van? Image is everything for some clients.

              Comment


              • #8
                I hear ya. We have a new van with just magnetic signs on it. I cannot afford full graphics and my older vans' graphics are sun damaged and need replacing. We are established so naked vans are ok. But you need to get it ASAP. Maybe just look into simple van lettering done by a sign company. It's much cheaper than a wrap and having big areas covered.

                I'm in the same position as you with my new shop; can't get enough dogs in per day. Whereas my mobile, we cannot fit them in we are so busy. I question why I even bought a shop and should have added a new van instead. Oh, I remember why. It's almost impossible to find mobile groomers who will work as a legal W2 employee.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I bet once you get your van wrapped and your website up, you'll have more luck. My guess is it's not so much the prices as it is the prices + van that doesn't look great yet + no website.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I work in a shop, and a full haircut on a 50 lb dog for $65 would happen OVER MY DEAD BODY

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Price by region is way different. Here in the PNW we tend to get a higher price. I know when we are in AZ my pricing was low once I got up here. But I found the surveys to be helpful, egroomer.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Moo View Post
                        I work in a shop, and a full haircut on a 50 lb dog for $65 would happen OVER MY DEAD BODY
                        LMAO! But I do agree with you!!!
                        Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yeah Tom I need to do something ASAP . I already got the place to do it but to do 2 magnets they charge me 180 and the logo and some lettering 500 so I wanted to go with the logo and lettering but wife wants to go with magnets so we are still debating.

                          Don't feel bad about your shop, why don't you pick up the overflow dogs and take them to the shop and you do them there and then you deliver them . People will see movement in the shop and will start coming. Good luck with shop!!!
                          Originally posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
                          I hear ya. We have a new van with just magnetic signs on it. I cannot afford full graphics and my older vans' graphics are sun damaged and need replacing. We are established so naked vans are ok. But you need to get it ASAP. Maybe just look into simple van lettering done by a sign company. It's much cheaper than a wrap and having big areas covered.

                          I'm in the same position as you with my new shop; can't get enough dogs in per day. Whereas my mobile, we cannot fit them in we are so busy. I question why I even bought a shop and should have added a new van instead. Oh, I remember why. It's almost impossible to find mobile groomers who will work as a legal W2 employee.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yeah, I hope that happen LOL, thanks emma
                            Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
                            I bet once you get your van wrapped and your website up, you'll have more luck. My guess is it's not so much the prices as it is the prices + van that doesn't look great yet + no website.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              LO, people tend to think we don't have expenses as a actual salon.
                              Originally posted by Moo View Post
                              I work in a shop, and a full haircut on a 50 lb dog for $65 would happen OVER MY DEAD BODY

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X