Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parked Grooming

Need Urgent Help.

I was parked last night in a neighborhood grooming dogs. We groomed 8 dogs in 3 hours. These were brush and bath dogs.
    We were parked on City Streets next to a community Park. I just got a letter from the community association saying I'm breaking CCR's rules.
    I also live in the community. The grooming truck and trailer wasn't parked outside our house.
    How is this breaking CCR's? I'm licensed with City and County to do mobile grooming anywhere I pretty much please.
    We were not running the Generator past 8pm.

Need advise please.

David

David, why don't you try talking to them? Seeing as how you live there, maybe it's a simple misunderstanding. I wouldn't panic unless they're threatening legal action. If there is some fine print in their code, perhaps it just comes down to applying for a permit from them, or moving your trailer to a different spot. I really wouldn't worry though until there is actually something to worry about.

Comment

I talked to them. They are fine me going house to house but not sitting up shop like I did. I don't want this to be a legal matter.

Comment

Well, then just move 2 houses down every hour....problem solved.
        Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Depending on the # of dogs at one house and the breed and work involved (say 2 doodles) you could be at one house for 3 hrs anyway. There was just a snooty grouchy neighbor that wanted to cause trouble. Do plumbers, carpet cleaners, ect stay parked in one area for 3 hours? Of couse they do if needed.
          Good luck and enjoy your new rig!!!

Comment

We had the same issue when we started. My company picked up neighborhood clients and we were reported to the HOA even though we were working on paying clients who happened to live in our HOA community. We were parking our van at our house and were forced to find another location for it. To make it short, we sold our house to escape the oppressive HOA rules and wound up renting a house in a non HOA with a big property with RV parking. That's how we grew our business and added 2 more vans all parked at the new house. We eventually got sick of employees coming and going from our house and rented a commercial warehouse.

Sounds like you need to work in front of each client's home. We were reported because we had 4 clients on our street and our van basically moved only a few dozen feet up and down the street. They said were were soliciting business and working from our home, even though the van was out all day in town and these clients were 1x every few weeks on our street.

Comment

Have a lawyer look over the HOA / CCR. If a moving truck or rv can be parked there you should be good legally speaking. at least in CA you would be. No much different than loading/unloading a uhaul for 8 hours. I would change the block on a rotation though.

Comment

The problem is parking in a central location and having dogs come to you instead of you pulling up to each house individually. It's like parking a food truck. You are allowed to work in any residential community having the proper biz license and vehicle insurance, you just can't park and wait for walk ups in a HOA controlled community. In fact, at least here, we are not allowed to go to a city park say a dog park and hand out cards and do grooms there, even though we are licensed. To set up in a park, you need to apply for a vendors license like an ice cream truck would who does daily business at the playgrounds. There are many do not solicit business rules everywhere, even on city streets.

Comment

Originally posted by muttsnmore View Post
                  I talked to them. They are fine me going house to house but not sitting up shop like I did. I don't want this to be a legal matter.
                  Well, I'm glad it's nothing serious and there's a simple solution. Hope you get lots of days of 8 dogs in 3 hours!!

Comment

Not mobile and didn't know all of this. I have never and will never live in a HOA community.

Comment

Originally posted by 4them View Post
                      Not mobile and didn't know all of this. I have never and will never live in a HOA community.
                      Not mobile either but I have lived in a HOA community....lived there 10yrs....there can be some very strange ppl and rules. Would NEVER live in one again .

Comment

Thank you for all the replies.

I might have another solution for this. The School in my neighborhood might allow us to use their School Parking lot.
                        It would be considered a fund raising activity and I would kick the school some of my profits. Keep you all updated on this.

Comment

I know groomers that are allowed to park all day with permission in some parking lots, but that is different than the HOA's which do indeed come up with some tiresome rules.

Comment

What a wonderful way to give back to the community!! Schools can always use the money. I hope it works out for you!!!😊

Comment

Working...
                            X