Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spa menus and so ?

Hello!
    I was wondering if you (mobile) have spa or facial, mud mask, etc, for your clients ?

Do you have enough of time for apply and for wait needed ?
    How much of money does it extra cost to you and how much do your clients pay ?
    For the ones on country side like me, is that popular ?

I do mud mask on my owns pets and I think that's so great to have more than a regular grooming (which is already great!).

I use Madra Mor as a therapeutic treatment when necessary and it is an additional charge. But I truly don't have a 'menu' per se as much as I offer things while doing the checkin assessment. That's when the additional items and any client requests are noted on the cage card and agreed to by the client beforehand. On occasion I've called clients after an issue has been uncovered and we discuss mud treatments or other speciality items.

Have discovered through the years that occasionally giving away a specialty treatment - especially if it has the greatest results - or a special creative treatment or even an extravagant finisher has garnered more income than just up charging on a one time basis. The positive word of mouth from the 'oohs' and 'ways' from a lobby full of clients ( or a 35 story condo complex) is worth the small expense.

As a country groomer you may want to think about offering facials but maybe also focus on the more visual finishes. Only you can m ow your current clientele snd those you want to attract.

Comment

Spa menus and so ?

I've seen madra mor on a saler website, looks great but that's pretty expensive how much do you charge for mud mask ? (On their website they say you need 1/2 for a small dog cost around 20$ each pack of 250ml and no dilution). And then you need to shampoo or not? Can it be additional to regular bath ?
      I prefer adapt to every issue, like if a client get in and says her dog as very dry skin so I can propose something to make skin better.
      I actually have conditionner for hair but I don't charge more for it, dilution is very high cost only a few to me.
      I use Iv San Bernard mask on my dogs and cats, they are fab, it cost around 3$ per dog but add several minutes 10-30 min so I think I could add 10 to 15$ or more for newfie, depending on the breed.

Can I use mud mask for humans ? I use it on my cat's tail and it works great!
      Frenchie
      Miniature Member
      Last edited by Frenchie; 09-09-16, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchie View Post
        I've seen madra mor on a saler website, looks great but that's pretty expensive how much do you charge for mud mask ? (On their website they say you need 1/2 for a small dog cost around 20$ each pack of 250ml and no dilution). And then you need to shampoo or not? Can it be additional to regular bath ?
        I prefer adapt to every issue, like if a client get in and says her dog as very dry skin so I can propose something to make skin better.
        I actually have conditionner for hair but I don't charge more for it, dilution is very high cost only a few to me.
        I use Iv San Bernard mask on my dogs and cats, they are fab, it cost around 3$ per dog but add several minutes 10-30 min so I think I could add 10 to 15$ or more for newfie, depending on the breed.

Can I use mud mask for humans ? I use it on my cat's tail and it works great!
        I sell LOTS of madra mor treatments. Here are some tips, and particentral did a youtube on the product too.

On a small/medium 24 pound dog we can get 3 treatments from one of their packets. How? Drench the pet wet before applying. Next realize that as you see at the madra website, massage is key. Thoroughly massage the product all over but be careful no heavy hands in problem areas that need the most treatment. The massage and extra wet spreads a smaller amount 1/3 of the packet. We wrap them with a towel and let it sit a good 15 minutes. Sometimes we put a little extra product direct on the problem spots just before wrapping. I use Soothe most of the time so I buy the gallon. Really reduces cost 2 - 3 pumps should do it depending upon size of pet.

We never bathe with another product, Madra only, and the coat fluffs up nice with a soft natural light fragrance. If you have a terribly dirty pet you might have to do a first wash but we would use a very basic tearless, very gentle shampoo even Hypo type product, nothing that leaves on a conditioner because that's for Madra to do. We just remove the excess dirt carefully since the skin is already having issues.

Remember, treatments for problem skin pets really require a weekly treatment at first, and extreme cases perhaps twice the first week or two. I have vets call asking what did we do? Much better results than any of the vet prescribed soothing shampoos. Yes I like better than Davis muds too. So the groomer may cost more temporarily, but we cut down visits to the vet.

We urge them to work with their vet to see if the conditions are diet related or aggravated, and often they are.

Comment

I hate to throw a wrench in this. We love Madra in our shop. It's worth it because we have the time and water. In our mobile, we tried and CANNOT use it. Besides the extra 15 minutes, there's a limited amount of water on board for rinsing. Our groomers can get 7 or 8 baths per day based on 50 gallons. When we did the shed Madra in the van, we used over 20 gallons on that single dog due to the amount of rinsing required. You can say the increased cost means you can do less dogs per day. Not so. Each groom at a minimum is 65. It's more worth doing volume instead of a 25 dollar mud bath and need to refill our tank.

Comment

My tank is 26 gallons, but i always come back home at midday to fill it up & eat but I don't always need to add water, I do average of 4/5 dogs a day. So if I need that amount of water to rinse, I would only do one dog instead or 2 or 3. I guess if ever get the MUDs I could only purpose it to short haired dogs probably easier to rinse but it could attract short haired breed owners who don't think their dog can be groomed.
            I didn't thought about water, for ISB mask I only have 2 baths to too like if I was doing a regular bath + conditionner so that's not a problem!

Comment

If you do spa treatment using Madra mor how much do you charge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am looking into the muds too. The prices drop quite a bit for registered professionals.

Comment

Working...
                X